“Awesome restaurant right on the water”
Review of Riverside

Riverside
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Button Bridge Rd
Description: Hood River's only waterfront restaurant is known for some of the best food in the Gorge, plus amazing Columbia River views from just about every table. Enjoy it all indoors in Riverside's recently remodeled dining room or on the expansive dining deck. Menus change seasonally, with fresh, locally-sourced, all-natural ingredients. An extensive award-winning wine list, a dozen brews on tap, and full bar offer the perfect complements for a relaxing meal. Riverside's menu is also served in Cebu lounge. Weekday happy hours at Cebu feature a special menu based on many of Riverside's specialties.
Reviewed May 29, 2010

This was a truly enjoyable experience, the view was incredible. You're right on the water and there isn't a table in the entire place that doesn't have a river view. The service was outstanding, and the food was as well. Each person in our party (four total) ordered something different, and everything was perfect! And the price was reasonable-- our party of 4, with drinks & tip, paid less than $80.

3  Thank Travelover23

Reviewed October 6, 2009

We were part of a wedding group attending a rehearsal dinner outdoors on a beautiful fall evening (heaters all around kept everyone warm). The food was plentiful and excellent. Everyone noted how unusual it was to have well cooked (not well done!) beef for a buffet dinner. Staff were helpful and nice. This seems like one of the nicest places in Hood River.

2  Thank WeddingTraveler2009
Reviewed August 3, 2008

Since we were staying at the Best Western we decided to eat dinner here. We were given a coupon for 1/2 of a second entree which made the meal very economical. The setting overlooks the Colombia River and you have a choice of indoor or outdoor dining. We started with an appetizer of escargot and toast points. the escargot was hot and buttery with just the right amount of garlic. For dinner my wife had the halibut which was fresh and moist. Her only complaint was that her baked potato seemed to be microwaved and not truly baked. I had a dish called Chicken Breast a la Oscar. It was a bone-in breast topped with dungeness crab, asparagus, and bearnase sauce. It was delicious. On the downside, service was slow possibly due to understaffing and a large crowd. We felt bad for the older couple seated at the table next to us. They were seated right after us but had a different server. We were finished eating and getting up to leave and they had not even been served yet. I overheard the waiter apologizing because he said a large party had put their order in right before the couple's, but I did not hear him offer any compensation for the delay. I would have walked out long before if I had been in there shoes, it was over an hour.
Our breakfast the next morning was complimentary except for my wife's orange juice for which we were charged $3. If you stay at the motel you can order from the regular menu and pay or choose from a limited menu. The eggs and hash browns were well prepared.

1  Thank miketp
Reviewed June 5, 2008

We've travelled a lot throughout the country and have found that eating at a hotel restaurant has not usually been the wisest dining choice. What a great surprise to discover the Riverside Grill at the Hood River Inn! We've never been disappointed by any meal there, though I have to admit that the breakfasts are my favorite--both the Poached Pear and the Eggs Benedict. Over the years, we've made a point to eat there even when we aren't staying at the hotel.

6  Thank possum53
Reviewed November 30, 2006

I've never stayed at this hotel, but have recently eaten in the Riverside Grill, twice. They have a seafood salad that it so outstanding I just had to tell people. It is a large salad of mixed baby greens with tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, baby corn, olives and a very generous scoop of Dungeness crab, bay shrimp, smoked scallops and large chunks of poached salmon. If you took out everything but the shrimp the salad would have more seafood than most, I've eaten shrimp louies all over the coast and paid a lot more but this salad reigns supreme.

Neither my husband nor I could eat the entire salad. The hot sour dough bread was great too as was the 1000 island dressing. We will go back for sure.

3  Thank Buyorsell888