“Great service and food”
Review of Riverside

Riverside
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 140 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Button Bridge Rd
Description: Hood River's only waterfront restaurant is known for some of the best food in the Gorge, plus amazing Columbia River views from just about every table. Enjoy it all indoors in Riverside's recently remodeled dining room or on the expansive dining deck. Menus change seasonally, with fresh, locally-sourced, all-natural ingredients. An extensive award-winning wine list, a dozen brews on tap, and full bar offer the perfect complements for a relaxing meal. Riverside's menu is also served in Cebu lounge. Weekday happy hours at Cebu feature a special menu based on many of Riverside's specialties.
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great service and food”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The service, value, and location of this restaurant make it one of Hood River's best! Their outdoor seating made the experience even more delightful.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank alegria_13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
“Overpriced, as far as I could tell”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western and the Riverside is located inside. Our breakfast from the Riverside was included in our room.

I had the Prosciutto Basil Scramble and it was definitely tasty. 3 eggs mixed with a small bit of prosciutto, cheese and greens, potatoes(which were a little underdone for me) and a slice of 9 grain toast, which was also very tasty. $11.

My one daughter had the French toast and a slice of bacon, the other had the scrambled egg and potatoes and toast. Both were $5.

The food was really good, don't get me wrong. And the view was amazing! But $11 for a couple of eggs, potatoes and a piece of toast? I could see 8, maybe 9. Luckily, the breakfast came with our hotel stay, so we just had to leave a tip.

Visited June 2013
Portland, OR
“Great Lunch Spot on the Columbia River”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've been visiting this restaurant in the Best Western, Hood River, for lunches for about six years, frequently with first-time visitors to the Gorge. It has been a winner every time. In summer, the deck is a wonderful place to enjoy the view of the river and Gorge. There are sun screens hung above the tables that provide decent shade on sunny days and don't interfere with the views. If you are lucky, folks will be trying to learn sailboarding in the area below the restaurant. The lunch fare is very good, especially sandwiches and soups. Inside tables also have very good views of the river. The entire establishment is well run, and the landscaped grounds are particularly beautiful and unmotel-like.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GeorgePortland_OR
“Waterfront view, but not much else”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We dined here due to the high ratings on Trip Advisor but unfortunately in this case, we feel that we were misled. While the appeal is probably that it's the only waterfront restaurant in Hood River, we felt that the nice view is really all that it has to offer. It's located in the Best Western hotel and is quite "dated" in it's decor and atmosphere. My salmon cake appetizer was very under-seasoned and the clam pasta dish I had was not really anything special My husband had the rib-eye which was just okay. We felt like we were paying for the view and not the food. Had we just been going there for a drink and appetizer to sit on the deck, it might have been a better experience but we felt that it wasn't worth the money to dine there for dinner. Our server was great but service is a bit slow.

• Visited June 2013
tualatin
“If you are alone, try dining in the lounge”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Being alone and not liking to eat alone I decided to try the Cebu Lounge. The staff and other guests made it a very comfortable pleasant experience.
The dinner, Braised Short Ribs, was the best I have ever had and the presentation was very nice.
The rooms were comfortable and decorated above average.
My breakfast the next morning with the view of the river was outstanding!
I get to Hood River often and will definitely be back

• Visited March 2013