“Location surpasses quality”
Review of Riverside

Riverside
Reserve with OpenTable
Riverside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Button Bridge Rd
Description: Hood River's only waterfront restaurant is known for some of the best food in the Gorge, plus amazing Columbia River views from just about every table. Enjoy it all indoors in Riverside's recently remodeled dining room or on the expansive dining deck. Menus change seasonally, with fresh, locally-sourced, all-natural ingredients. An extensive award-winning wine list, a dozen brews on tap, and full bar offer the perfect complements for a relaxing meal. Riverside's menu is also served in Cebu lounge. Weekday happy hours at Cebu feature a special menu based on many of Riverside's specialties.
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Diner review: who would imagine that on a relatively non-busy evening my husband and I would have to wait an hour after being seated to get our entree (the special for the night), then it arrived significantly undercooked. It took 45 minutes for the standard Caesar salad to arrive. The server made excuses for the delay but it was inexcusable. When it finally arrived cooked properly, it was good. No matter how good the food tasted, the dining delay affected my disposition and I was not happy. No accommodation was offered either for the delay or for the raw food. No restaurant can afford to rest on its location, quality of service and product must also exist.

Reviewed May 14, 2011

We stayed in the hotel, also a nice place, and because we were too tired to drive any more that day, decided to just eat in the hotel restaurant. Wow, not many Best Western hotels can boast about their restaurants but this one can.

The river view was great and the service was very attentive. The food was well prepared, presentation was nice, and value was very good. We ate there two different evenings and both times each of us had a very good meal. The Vongole clam dish was really very good, the crab cakes were delicious, and the wine selection was nice.

Don't overlook this place for a good dinner in Hood River, even if it is in a hotel.

2  Thank Arnold B
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Consistently good breakfast. Steven Smith teas and a great cornmeal waffle! Staff is helpful and prompt with any questions.

1  Thank gramaolive
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I'm staying here for a week and just might eat here every night. Sunday night I had a wonderful salad of fresh greens and asparagus in a citrus type dressing with a salmon filet on top.....yum. Last night I had a cod filet and cole slaw at happy hour. I have a view from my room so I like to eat dinner in the busy bar. If you want to enjoy the river view a delicious guest breakfast is served in the dining room right on the river and I mean to tell you, you can't get any closer, it is right on the river. Beautiful place, Excellent Food.

1  Thank scottsdalegolfergirl
Reviewed April 13, 2011

In September 2010 our party of six had a uniformly wonderful meal and my wife and I had been extremely eager to return, this time with a party of five. Only one appetizer was delicious - the grilled calamari. The broccolini was old and tough. The chopped salad was overflowing with tough old Romaine lettuce. One person liked her entre - she had the scallops and rock shrimp but without the spicy red sauce. I love spicy foods so I had the same but with the sauce - the kind of sauce you find in a cheap spaghetti house but with an overpowering amount of capers. The chicken was overcooked and very, very dry and flavorless. They advertised a special of salmon with morels but served salmon with verpas. (Verpas are known as early morels, but are not nearly as good as morels and are dangerous for some people to eat). I have eaten in all of the better restaurants in Hood River and in near-by Bingen and White Salmon and enjoyed them all - we will not be back to the Riverside.

1  Thank organicgardner44