“Great service & beer.”

Big Horse Brew Pub - Horse Feathers & Co.
Ranked #23 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My wife and I stopped by on "First Friday" for dinner. The garden area out back is very pretty and the dining/bar area had a decent view over the town. There are some steps if you come in from the street! Our wait staff was attentive, and we shared a very good burger and a salad with smoked flank steak. The area for improvement was the flank steak, it was tough as shoe leather, and tasteless. I mentioned this to our waitress and she just seemed like, "oh, sorry about that". Offering up a different meat for the salad or taking a couple bucks off the tab would have been nice - but nothing was offered. Not bad, but can use improvement.

There are newer reviews for Big Horse Brew Pub - Horse Feathers & Co.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Friend and I enjoyed our meal here but a little pricey for lunch, fish tacos were $14 and a humus plate $11. Each had a cocktail and I would have enjoyed one more if our waitress came by sooner. Nice staff, kinda eclectic, outdoor seating is nice in front, most of the back is gravel.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Popped in here for a few beers one evening and the place was pretty much to ourselves as we came in on a Sunday evening and there wasnt a lot of customer traffic - the road out front was being repaved. Anyway, the service was great and so was the beer! The upstairs bar is really cool because it overlooks the entire town. Would come back here again for sure.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Dude and I had lunch at Big Horse, along with 1/2 of the tourists in Hood River. It was worth the wait (in the bar, naturally!) I had a wonderful spring asparagus humus plate with veggies and The Dude had locally crafted sausage with handmade sauerkraut and apples. He was in heaven and I was pleased to find something light with vegetables for my lunch.
Service was outstanding....talk about friendly people and they were really busy. really really busy. we will definitely return! According to The Dude, the IPA (Pale Horse) was as good as some we likes in Missoula, MT which has several of his favorites.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

dont know how this place makes it,must be the view............the service was not good had to constantly ask for another drink.......the food was ok had the zenner brats and kraut..........great view but otherwise not worth my time.