“Delicious food and prompt courteous service in a lovely Restaurant”
Review of Brian's Pourhouse

Brian's Pourhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Brian's Pourhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2009

We celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary with a delightful dinner (a chirozo stuffed pork loin dinner and a stir fried shrimp dinner in a green curry sauce). Both were outstanding. The presentation was elegant without being over the top and the service was prompt and efficient. It had been a couple of years since we had last eaten here but the food and service was a good as ever. The wine list was a bit limited but the server offered some useful suggestions. We skipped desert to return home to a bottle of 2003 Late Harvest Chenin Blanc by Syncline Winery - and the wine was simply sublime.

Reviewed March 18, 2009

Brian's is the place that all of the servers and chefs from the other area restaurants congregate at after their places have shut for the night. Very fun, casual, non "meat market" bar is a great place to hang out and socialize. Food is really good; lots of fresh local ingredients and often Asian-inspired themes. My preference is to go there for after dinner drinks, desserts, or appetizers (vs. eating meals there). That has less to do with the food quality than the atmosphere, which is one really conducive to hanging out with friends.

1  Thank HRLocal
Reviewed August 16, 2008

We ate dinner there on August 4, 2008, and we enjoyed the experience very much, including a good hamburger, clam chowder (not the thick kind), salad and dessert. It is very casual and cute.

Reviewed August 12, 2008

We arrived on a Friday night at 5:30; the restaurant was busy but not too crowded. However, by the time we left, it was very full. They do recommend reservations for the weekend for good reason.

The service was great--hostess and our waitress continually checked on us.

Food was very fantastic. Started with cheese platter. Hubby had the pork loin special with a very interesting corn, potato and blueberry (!) relish. I know, it sounds weird, but it was great! I had the spring pasta with chicken and loved it.

Lots of great local wine selections.

1  Thank DPitZ
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Brian's served up the best meal I had during my one week trip to Oregon. The menu offered quite an array of dishes featuring local food. I'm a seafood lover, and the Mahi steak on the specials menu was just too tempting. It was cooked to perfection, and I've never had a more interesting salsa-type concoction in my life. It's hard to describe, but the combination of fruits, spices and just the right twinge of onion made it out of this world.

My visit was on July 3, a perfect warm and breezy summer night, and sitting outdoors on the patio at sunset was perfect. The environment was a wonderful combination of upscale (linens, silverware, serving dishes, etc.) and casual (guests in shorts and t-shirts).

I was dining alone, and I've found that a woman dining alone is not always taken seriously or given top-notch service. That was not the case at Brian's. The servers worked as a team to make sure that I had what I needed, to suggest a good wine, etc. I'm not normally a desert eater, but since the dinner was so wonderful, I had to give it a try. I'm normally a chocolate lover and would have ordered the chocolate torte without hesitation. But I asked the server, and she said the pear cobbler was really something special. Was she ever right! It was an amazing blend of flavors that I would not have dreamed up on my own.

Brian's was a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Kleetampa

Been to Brian's Pourhouse? Share your experiences!