“Great experience”
Review of Brian's Pourhouse

Brian's Pourhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Brian's Pourhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 144 Restaurants in Hood River
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I am visiting the Hood River area for a 6 week work placement and have visited Brian's 3 times. The restaurant is in a good location within the town and the food is and service excellent. Their spaghetti and meatballs is the best I have experienced, and their apple pie dessert is exceptional. Colleagues have had the calamari and seafood cakes and report the same. Always busy with locals, this in itself is testament to the quality of the experience you receive at Brian's.

2  Thank Paul S

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Every time I am in Hood River I at least have a drink at Brian's so I can have the brussel sprouts. They are delicious, I just wish the serving size was bigger! This time we also split fish tacos which were good, and a salmon sushi roll that was delicious. They have great outdoor seating and sometimes live music. My only critique is that I wish they offered a larger selection of wines by the glass.

2  Thank sanderson3
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We've been here twice now, so I can say that the food and service is consistently excellent. It has a casual atmosphere by big-city standards, but upscale for Hood River. I have leaned toward the pasta dishes, which are fresh and imaginative, with a decent wine list to complement them. The seating can be a bit cozy and it gets quite busy in the evening, so probably not the place for a quiet dinner with private conversation...

2  Thank pa32dude
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice wine list and excellent martinis. I had fish tacos which were excellent. Relaxed and wonderful experience.

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Love that old house has been converted into restaurant, had fantastic view across river. Service was friendly & efficient.
If review was solely based on food then 3.5 stars. Two of us ordered the steak, it was extremely though. The accompanying fries were excellent, as was the garlic butter. My other friend ordered the veggie lasagna and really liked it. We had a wedge salad which I sent back because they had drowned it in dressing. Once they brought a new one it was good. My friends Caesar was good and the asparagus was cooked to perfection.
They have a lovely patio area that I look forward to returning to in the summer.