“Brian's has upped the game for great eats in Hood River”
Review of Brian's Pourhouse

Brian's Pourhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Brian's Pourhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I've been to Brian's many times over the last few years and always enjoyed the atmosphere. The bar scene is almost always alive with energy, yet there's plenty of space for a quiet, romantic dinner inside or outside.

Recently they hired a new executive chef and the food is now the main reason to go. The new chef was the owner of Sophie's in Hood River. Sophie's was the best restaurant in Hood River, unfortunately their non-downtown location didn't allow them to thrive. Luckily for Brian this means he gets the best chef at the best atmosphere/location!

Right now the squash blossoms and salmon can't be beat. I never order something as pedestrian as chicken at a restaurant, but the chicken dish changes often and is always cooked to perfection with amazing flavor/sides.

If you are in the mood for a cocktail Julie or Ben will whip up a pretty damn good drink that will compare well against any of Portland's best mixologists. A recent drink made with fresh strawberries and egg whites might be the best drink I've ever enjoyed.

Also, if you go around back they have a private patio where you can enjoy the Hood River summer and can fit more than the smaller tables that are on the front patio.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Brians Pourhouse has been our top standard and favorite restaurant for many years. We have always raved about how great the food, selection and service has been. The menu and quality has been consistently pleasing for as long as we can remember, which is why it is sad to see the everything go downhill.
The limited menu is not appealing. The preparation of the food is not what it used to be. It simply just doenst taste as good. Removing our favorite ahi entree is a huge disappointment.....come on Brian, you know how much people love the ahi! The fish tacos are now served with Tilapia,..the least desirable/cheapest fish for tacos. The entrees seem to be much smaller as well. What I thought was a bowl of steamed clams for our daughter, turned out to be breaded, deep friend, chewy razor clams - she wouldnt eat them and loves clams. Yes, my fault for not reading the preparation but generally the seafood is always fresh not deep fried.
Sorry to see the decline in the food, I think we will switch things up for awhile until Brians comes back around.

1  Thank smrbrz
Reviewed July 29, 2011

While on vacation in Hood River my wife and I were trying new restaurants each night. Brian's was so unbelievable we had to go back. There is not a single thing negative about this restaurant. The service is excellent the prices are reasonable and the food is unbelievable. The calamari was scrumptous, the bread delicious and the main courses including stuffed (with shrimp and crab) steelhead trout, smoked chicken linguini, salmon etc. were fantastic.Last but not least are the deserts with what I consider the best apple pie I have ever had. This is a five star restaurant all around. GO THERE.

1  Thank wayno53
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have been to Brian's Pourhouse but it had been awhile, with all the online reviews available we checked out quite a few in the area, wound up choosing Brian's once again and it was no disappointment! .... great food, great ambiance, and great service. My husband had leg of chicken with fresh peas and gnocci, while I chose the crab stuffed trout. Everything was delicious and the prices were reasonable. I would definitely go again, with their ever changing, local and current menu it's a delight no matter how many times you go. To those lucky enough to live in the area I'm sure it's a weekly occasion but to us not so fortunate we shall return!

1  Thank HINDSFEETHIGHPLACES
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Hey- we're locals and realized we hadn't written a review for Brian's and it's overdue. We went there the other night for dinner. I had the penne with a wild boar ragout and OMG was it good! We had spent some time in Tuscany a few years ago and pasta with wild boar was regularly on the menu and we loved it. Brian's version was sublime. My husband had the burger and he said it was good, but not as good as Sixth Street's.
Usually we have the fish tacos which we love but I'm glad we branched out a bit.
It can get crowded in the summer and has a lively bar scene, but it's easy to get a table away from the noise and just chill.

Been to Brian's Pourhouse? Share your experiences!