“Embarassed - Watch out for angry cooks!”
Review of Charburger Country

Charburger Country
Ranked #52 of 140 Restaurants in Hood River
Portland, Oregon
“Embarassed - Watch out for angry cooks!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We often have had great breakfasts here but today was an exception. Because we were not satisfied with our pancakes Tina (we believe was her name) the cook flew into a rage and started slamming everything around and talking loud in the kitchen when our breakfasts were returned. Tina then came to our table to confront us about the qualities of a buttermilk pancake and we simply told her that we felt they were not cooked all the way through. She insisted they were by sticking her finger in one of them.(it was not done in the center and said they are supposed to be moist in the center) We were horribly embarrassed. She offered us the pancakes or our money back - we asked for money back and she came out and literally threw it at us. I know we all have bad days but, please don't be so rude to your customers in front of other customers. We will never come back - first time ever we've been confronted by an outraged cook. (we believe only Tina and waiter were running the restaurant at the time)

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank H S

Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent burgers; very friendly service”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped here by accident on the way to Mount Hood. One of the best burgers I have had in the entire state! Very friend service; old school frys that were just right. Burger condiment bar with everything you could want. Go here!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank aquaman33946
“Don't order prime rib at a burger joint!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was assured the prime rib was a hit, but apparently they don't taste test their food. I ordered medium rare and received a grey, flavorless chunk of radiated meat. I don't know why I thought I would receive any better from a burger joint. I did however like the guy who refilled our drinks. He was very informative about the area.

• Visited September 2013
Porter, Indiana
“Breakfast was great”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We walked here from the Vagabond Lodge and had a good, hardy breakfast. Very interesting decor and definitely off the beaten path of regular tourists.

Visited August 2013
White Salmon, Washington
“Burgers are them”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

While they do have a very eclectic menu they specialize in burgers. They have a salad bar & then they also have the burger bar too. If a burger joint has a burger preparation area then you can be assured they are the real deal. Jump on in for one of the best burgers in the gorge!! And be sure to take in some of the fantastic historical photos and memorabilia while you are there too...

Visited August 2013