“Don't order prime rib at a burger joint!”
Review of Charburger Country

Charburger Country
Ranked #74 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was assured the prime rib was a hit, but apparently they don't taste test their food. I ordered medium rare and received a grey, flavorless chunk of radiated meat. I don't know why I thought I would receive any better from a burger joint. I did however like the guy who refilled our drinks. He was very informative about the area.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We walked here from the Vagabond Lodge and had a good, hardy breakfast. Very interesting decor and definitely off the beaten path of regular tourists.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

While they do have a very eclectic menu they specialize in burgers. They have a salad bar & then they also have the burger bar too. If a burger joint has a burger preparation area then you can be assured they are the real deal. Jump on in for one of the best burgers in the gorge!! And be sure to take in some of the fantastic historical photos and memorabilia while you are there too...

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had breakfast there. Good food and friendly people. The $5 breakfast is a great deal. Wish we had know about the place the night before for dinner.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The burgers were good, but not that good. We made a quick stop for dinner after leaving Portland. Ordered two burgers and a salad for four of us and was a good choice as burgers are huge and very good at decent prices. You order from the counter and they bring your food to you. I will say that my son did not like their choice of BBQ sauce for his BBQ burger--too much vinegar for his taste, and I would agree so be warned. Otherwise good food and food value.