“Great atmosphere and friendly service”
Review of Romul's

Romul's
Ranked #34 of 144 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went to Romul's on Fathers day for our 30th anniversary dinner while in Hood River. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was very good and the wine suggestion was spot on. Was surprised it wasn't busier. Would go back..

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We had walked the entire length of town and decided to sit on the patio here since there were a few other people eating and it looked delicious!

Everything was perfect - huge tasty salads, fresh bread, and the main courses were lovely. It was just what was needed! We both had chicken dishes so can't comment on the pasta but it looked good!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We liked the caesar and wilted spinach salads. The service was good. Eating outside near the sidewalk which is separated by a veranda was a real plus too.

1  Thank Blaine A
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I enjoyed sitting on the sidewalk patio for dinner on a warm evening. I had the veal picata, which was good, but not the absolute best I've had. The waiter was very friendly and attentive, but not overly so. Reasonable size glass of wine for the price. Overall nice dinner in a comfortable setting.

2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food was very good, but perhaps not worth the cost. I had the Eggplant Parmesan, which is layered. My husband had their lasagna, which was excellent. I wish that the eggplant had some of the lasagna sauce on it. The wine was more expensive than in swankier restaurants and the dessert was delicious, but maybe unbalanced. We ordered the flour-less chocolate torte with ice cream, and we were alerted that it was actually a sundae of gelato, a bit of raspberry sauce and a thin slice of the chocolate torte. I would have liked more of the chocolate torte.

The service was poor for the type of restaurant it is. They seemed to be understaffed and that can really create service gaps. We may have had one of the owners as our server - she was very nice, just not around much.