“Good Option for Lovely food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Romul's
Ranked #43 of 138 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Good Option for Lovely food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled on this during trip to Oregon. I had Italian antipasti with meats and cheeses which was very morish. Main was salmon special in a peah sauce and risotto whilst my wife had a chicken in vodka tomato sauce with pasta. Service was very attentive and bill not too pricy overall.

Oregon
“Delicious food & excellent service with outdoor seating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a lovely time here having dinner on the little outdoor patio watching people walk by. The wine was great and the stuffed dates appetizer was FABULOUS. Also enjoyed eggplant parmesan and a pasta dish. The service was excellent. We would definitely go back.

Jasper, Arkansas
“Romul's Twice in as many days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Romuls was a busy place on the Friday evening we first stopped in, but the greeting was warm, the service gracious, and the food excellent. We ordered the salmon special and the Girella Primavera. Both entrees we very good. The house Syrah and the Pinot Noir were excellent. The chocolate mousse was superb and just the right size for sharing. We were so tempted by the pear salad we returned the next day for lunch.

Princeton, NJ
“An Oasis of Calm, Hospitality, and Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I came into Hood River hungry and tired having hiked the Lost Lake trail. The town of Hood River was busy and crowded. We wanted a quiet place with good service and food. We found it in Romuls. The place is warm and inviting, the staff welcoming and friendly, the bathrooms clean, new and well designed.

We ordered small pear salads to start. They were actually generous in size, colorful and delicious. The pears were lightly grilled and sitting around very fresh, crisp salad with candied walnuts and dried cranberries. My wife's came with gorgonzole cheese, but I asked for no cheese. The salad was best without the cheese.

There is a nice bar, indoor and outdoor seating. We were very happy to find it and we would return.

For a main dish, I got the salmon special and my wife got the eggplant parmesan, which was spectacular. The salmon was very good, but the vegetables with it were amazing! The red peppers were luscious and sweet.

oregon
“Buon Appetito!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ignore any review who's only reference to Italian Food is the Olive Garden. I've been to Italy and Sicily many times. My grandparents were born and raised there, and lived with my family in their twilight years, knew a thing or two about authentic Italian cooking. And since I ate more than my share of their fabulous fare, I guess I do too. I've dined at Romul's several times and I've NEVER been disappointed. The veal is particularly well prepared. I'm shocked Trip Advisor doesn't have Romul's rated in the top 3! I urge you to try it, I don't think you'll be unhappy.

• Visited June 2013