“Freshly Baked Breads”
Review of Knead Bakery - CLOSED

Knead Bakery
Description: We are open Tuesday to Sunday now during the summer months, 8 am-5:30 pm We offer light breakfast, morning pastries, sandwiches, salad, desserts, and of course Artisan Breads. Parking in the back for our customers. We can also cater your events.
San Luis Obispo, California
“Freshly Baked Breads”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We walked around Hood River, and the aroma wafting out the door of Knead Bread lured us in. Beautiful artisan breads and yummy flatbreads.

Visited August 2014
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
I'm so glad that the aroma of freshly baked bread lured you in! I've had customers who suggested that I should vent the aroma of fresh bread out the window! Haha Thank you for your comments.

Santa Fe
“Wee Bit Disappointing”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I LOVE bakeries and I have no problem with gluten (thank you God, the Universe...). My hometown has a couple of wonderful ones, and while my husband and I were hiking in Central Oregon, I missed my morning toast. So when I saw Knead's sign while driving into Hood River, there was no question that we'd stop and order a loaf before the next day's hike. I ordered the fig-walnut sourdough to pick up later that afternoon. It wasn't bad, there just weren't many figs and the walnuts never made it into the dough. I missed the nutty crunch and it ended up being bland. I had read some reviews on Yelp while looking for their hours and many people wrote that it was expensive. The loaf was about $5.50, which I think is reasonable for a medium-sized loaf of artisan bread, but without the nuts and just a few figs, I probably wouldn't recommend it. I also had a latte to compensate for bad hotel coffee: flavor was good but it was lukewarm.

They have a nice selection of pastries - the usual and some that are unique. They also have sandwiches that look like good options to take out for a day's adventures.

Bottom line - I would probably give it another try and see if other loaves weren't so skimpy.

Visited May 2014
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hi thank you for visiting knead when you were in Hood River. The bread you purchased a few days ago was the FIG SOURDOUGH NO WALNUT IN THE BREAD. I have not made fig walnut sourdough this year yet. I am sorry that the loaf you had did not have as much fig as the others, but as with all the mix with fruits or nuts the contents are random since the whole batch are mixed together without being able to count how many figs are in each loaf.
I'll reconsider adding fig and walnut sourdough loaf in the future.
I do have a cranberry walnut sourdough loaf on Wednesdays if you happen to be in Hood River. Again thank you for trying knead
Brookings, Oregon
“Fantastic Find”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were traveling through Hood River and wanted something for breakfast when we found this bakery. I am SO GLAD we stopped! This place was a wonderful treat. The staff was friendly and helpful. We ordered breakfast sandwiches (amazing!) and while they were being prepared we couldn't help but order pastries for the road. Everything tasted great and homemade.

• Visited May 2014
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for coming to knead and trying our offerings. We look forward to serving you again when you come back through town. The summers are fun especially when all the fruits and vegetables are in abundance since we incorporate local flavors into our bread, pastries, breakfast and lunch offerings. Again thank you!
Monterey County, California
“Excellent desserts”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

THE place to go in town for a sweet treat - I have never had anything I haven't liked. Counter staff is sometimes inconsistent but when you get someone who is willing to help you pick out something delicious or something for a special occasion (like Valentine's Day), they are wonderful.

Visited February 2014
strongsville, oh
“Wonderful Aroma”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

A small bakery with a wonderful aroma. Knead provided sweet breads for a business meeting which were outstanding. I also stopped there for lunch and had a great sandwich.

Visited September 2013
Feliza G, Owner at Knead Bakery, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for commenting about knead. Yah it's great, it all smells good!