“Margo and her horses are fantastic!”

Double Mountain Ranch
Ranked #16 of 69 things to do in Hood River
New Castle, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Margo and her horses are fantastic!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband, a friend and I decided last minute to do a horseback ride while we were in Hood River, OR. We gave Margo a call and even though she was in the middle of riding camp and dealing with lots of kids when we called, she set us up for an evening ride that night. The staff at Double Mountain was very helpful in getting us geared up, and led us over to the trailhead (we could not ride through the orchards since it was picking season.) We were so glad for the mountain trail ride instead of the orchard, but I am sure the orchard ride would have been nice as well. Margo was great at making sure we were all comfortable (some of us were horseback riding newbies) and that we saw some wonderful scenery along the way. Can't say enough good things about this experience!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank accat

Portland, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Our private ride was 2 1/2 hours of bliss!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've ridden in many parts of the world, from Central Park to Phuket, and Griffith Park to Texas, and I can say that this was one of my best riding experiences ever! I got to swith horses with Margo halfway through the ride which was really awesome, as it felt like I had two totally different experiences. I got all the trotting and running in I wanted, and had plenty of time to take in the awesome nature. I highly recommend this outfit.

3 Thank Gabriella C
Rocklin, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantasic Ride”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had our annual family reunion and decided to do something different this year by going horseback riding. Double Mountain was able to accommodate our large group (9 people) so that we could all ride together. We had riders of all different skill levels and they matched us perfectly with their horses. The scenery was beautiful and Margo (owner) and Brian (wrangler) took us on a great adventure through the forest to the cliffs above the Columbia River Gorge. I can't wait to go again next year!

1 Thank Brooke S
Salem, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SO Awesome! If your still debating... PICK THIS! You'll thank me”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Margo and the horses were fantastic. SO well trained and actually listen to the rider. I've been on horse rides before but this one trumps them all. It's a fantastic experience for the whole family. My Wife and I did this as part of our 1 year anniversary and we loved it. The sights were gorgeous and Margo was hilarious and so friendly. She gave us boots to wear and water, took our photos... WELL worth it we would do it again in a heartbeat. I hear they are getting a new trail along a cliff-side and through a waterfall. Seriously... This was so much fun. I can't say enough for it :)

2 Thank Jake N
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic July 4th Ride!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My daughters (9 and 13) had a wonderful ride with Margo and Brian. We were so fortunate with a beautiful July 4th day. The Double Mountain Ranch team knows their horses and how to teach and handle young riders. They did a wonderful job fitting the girls and getting them comfortable on their horses before taking us on a joyful ride through cherry and pear orchards, lavender fields, and private woodlands along the Hood River. We even got to blaze some new trail. Along the way we learned about handling the horses in different conditions and about programs that the ranch is involved in with rescue horses. We were a happy tired at the end of the day and would highly recommend the opportunity to others.

3 Thank Story23