“Fantasic Ride” 5 of 5 bubbles

Rocklin, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantasic Ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had our annual family reunion and decided to do something different this year by going horseback riding. Double Mountain was able to accommodate our large group (9 people) so that we could all ride together. We had riders of all different skill levels and they matched us perfectly with their horses. The scenery was beautiful and Margo (owner) and Brian (wrangler) took us on a great adventure through the forest to the cliffs above the Columbia River Gorge. I can't wait to go again next year!

1 Thank Brooke S

Salem, Oregon, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SO Awesome! If your still debating... PICK THIS! You'll thank me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Margo and the horses were fantastic. SO well trained and actually listen to the rider. I've been on horse rides before but this one trumps them all. It's a fantastic experience for the whole family. My Wife and I did this as part of our 1 year anniversary and we loved it. The sights were gorgeous and Margo was hilarious and so friendly. She gave us boots to wear and water, took our photos... WELL worth it we would do it again in a heartbeat. I hear they are getting a new trail along a cliff-side and through a waterfall. Seriously... This was so much fun. I can't say enough for it :)

2 Thank Jake N
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic July 4th Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

My daughters (9 and 13) had a wonderful ride with Margo and Brian. We were so fortunate with a beautiful July 4th day. The Double Mountain Ranch team knows their horses and how to teach and handle young riders. They did a wonderful job fitting the girls and getting them comfortable on their horses before taking us on a joyful ride through cherry and pear orchards, lavender fields, and private woodlands along the Hood River. We even got to blaze some new trail. Along the way we learned about handling the horses in different conditions and about programs that the ranch is involved in with rescue horses. We were a happy tired at the end of the day and would highly recommend the opportunity to others.

3 Thank Story23
Hood River
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Outfitter for Hood River Equestrian Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The pros at Hood River Equestrian Tours appreciate the professional work that Double Mountain Ranch supplies. Our tours are outfitted & wrangled by the owner of DMR, her well trained staff and the Hood River Equestrian Instructors. They take pride in meeting our demands and providing a truly enjoyable time for all guests at the 'farm'. Their horses are loved and cared for like family and happily it shows.

Visited June 2012
Portland, Oregon
“"What a special place with such wonderful people"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I had not been out on a day adventure in a couple of years. I decided to try to come up with a special date for us in Hood River. I called Margo and I was just overjoyed at what a kind, accommodating lady she was/is. I explained my situation and she explained to me what would be the best ride for the experience I was looking for, for my husband and I.This ended up being an excursion we will never forget. I absolutley fell in love with my horse Reesa. My husband had a great horse as well. Margo and Lisa gave great directions beings that we had not rode since we were both teens. My husband and I were even given a little space periodically to just talk between ourselves(very special). Margo is a very special person and her help/family were just great. I strongly recomend this ranch to anyone looking to have a special and wonderful time. Well worth the money and you know Margo and her team are doing great things with the money they earn. Margo is a very kind person and I only wish I lived closer and I could splurge like this again soon to take my children. I of course would have to ask for my gem Reesa to ride:)

Visited June 2012