“Phenomenal Experience. Exceeded Expectations”

Double Mountain Ranch
Ranked #16 of 69 things to do in Hood River
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Phenomenal Experience. Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently went on a week long trip to Oregon, and the horseback ride from Double Mountain Ranch to Pheasant Valley Winery and back was one of the best highlights. Margo and Keira (sp?) were our guides, and took great care of us. They had the horses ready to go before we got there, and even had boots of all sizes so we didn't have to bring our own. Both Margo and Keira are very experienced, kind and a true joy to be around. They took pictures of us during the ride with their iphones, and sent texted them to us. Well worth the $$.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Blair S

Woodinville, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

They all took great care of us. Made us feel right at home. Matched us up with good horses that had the right amount of spirit and sensitivity. Horses are responsive to the rider - instead of feeling like they're on autopilot.

We opted for the creekside ride, which starts out riding past the apple and pear orchards on the way to the trail. Along the creek, we came upon a mama grouse sitting on her chicks. Had to stop to let them get out of the way before proceeding.

Sean was a great guide - good with the horses, friendly, responsive to our requests about how fast we wanted to go, and took lots of nice photos of us to take home.

Visited May 2012
Breda, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The ultimate experience in the Gorge!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

The Double Mountain Ranch is owned by Margo Goodman who is also the head wrangler.
The horses are trail horses, there is a barn and a round pand , but no arena. This is of advantage as the visitors have the unique possibility to discover the beautiful landscape on horseback! I could feel that the horses were not scared and were used to the trails.
I loved to experience the cowboy culture on the range. Margo is a real cowgirl and that is one of the things I searched for in the Northwest being a German tourist.
I also just loved the surroundings, I can't forget this beautiful landscape, we were riding next to the lavender, through the orchards and to the beach and through the river "Hood River". There wasn't anything I did not like really...just maybe that I didn't have the time to go on all her wonderful trips. And the bathroom facilities is one portable toilet, but hey it's a ranch and the trip is a little adventure! I did not mind about it.
Next time I go there I would like to ride through the forests, I think that would be just amazing.
If you bring a camera, Margo will take pictures of you. She took some awsome pictures of me in the river and next to the lavender field, but I cannot find them so I uploaded the current picture for now.
She will provide you with fitting cowboy boots and a helmet if you wish to wear one. You should wear long pants as your legs will otherwise rub on the saddle. It would probably be smart to bring some sunscreen and a bottle of water maybe.
I think the tours mostly take longer than planned so do not go their in a rush, it would be a shame. Margo loves what she is doing and will take her time for you!

I hope you will all enjoy the trip as much as I did!

Before you go, you can visit her webpage and check out her horses, then you will have a clearer picutre of what to expect!

Visited August 2011