“Fun place to enjoy wine tasting”

Naked Winery Hood River Tasting Room
Ranked #8 of 69 things to do in Hood River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At Naked Winery, our mission is to cut America's divorce rate in half by encouraging couples to shut off the technology and reconnect by sharing a glass of wine with each other nightly. Our labels are just a bit risque because we believe the experience surrounding wine should be fun. We are a family owned winery based in the beautiful Columbia Gorge with tasting rooms in downtown Hood River, McMinnville and in Bend, Oregon. We source our grapes from select Oregon and Washington vineyards to produce high quality varietals including Pinot Noir, Merlot, Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Barbera, Tempranillo, Nebbiolo, Sangiovese, Pinot Gris, Viognier, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Muscat, Riesling, Pinot Blanc, Cab Franc and more. We offer flights of reds, whites and sweet wines, or we can customize a tasting. We also feature kegs of local craft beers and cider. We are open 7 days a week and we love to host events, meetings and parties. Naked Winery is also child and dog friendly, so bring the whole family and join us as we Get Naked daily! Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and remember, "We aim to Tease(R)!"
Portland
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Fun place to enjoy wine tasting”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The staff makes the place. They have a nice selection of wines to taste, and a varity of clothes to enjoy reading!

1 Thank SDFlipFlops

Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Staff, wine and all around party!”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

At first we thought this place was just a show playing off the crude humor of our sexualities but when we started diving mouth first into their full bodied wines we were pleasantly surprised. They offered a wide array of wines for all experimental types and offering more than just the "sip," The staff was quick with their humor and very appropriate given their surroundings, I wish I could have said that for the clients ;) Loved their foreplay of Gold Fish Crackers to cut the taste of different wine tartness and chocolates to add that little extra special pairing to their reds. The pours kept coming which brought joy to my lips. By the time we left we had a case in hand and a smile on our face. We walked out fully clothed but very satisfied. Taste wise it was as good for me as financially it was as good for them.

1 Thank mrcruz23
Tacoma, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great fun, great atmosphere, and of course, great wine!”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The Naked Tasting Room is all about fun -- bawdy, luscious, hilarious fun. When my husband and I went there, we were treated to a great little ragtime band playing boisterously, while charming, beautiful women served us a generous tasting of their many wonderful wines featured. We had a good chat with the oenophile next to us and learned more about wine. And their SugarDaddy Muscat -- WOWZA! Love at first sniff. Guess I'm a sucker for a sugar daddy, even in bottled form. G'won, just go over there!

1 Thank slowdiva
Boston, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Fun visit but a tasting room”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Two things - if you go on a shipping weekend for their club expect it to be really busy. Secondly, The Naked Winery tasting room is an older (with lots of charm) but it is in a town versus being on a vineyard. We were told they source all their grapes.

Staff was fun, knowledgable and considering how busy they were they did a great job. There was a great vibe to the place and theWine was good and the labels are rather clever

1 Thank P4620
Menlo Park, California
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Friendliest Winery I've ever been to”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I found this place the first week I moved to Portland - there's a big billboard for it on the way out to the Gorge. I went there with my now fiancee and it was just the best time we've ever had at a winery, and we go to quite a few.

There's such an extensive list of tastings available and the wine is always excellent. The people behind the counter are always eager to chat with you about anything - what you did that day, the fun behind the label descriptions, cool things to do in Hood River. I became a member right then and there and I go back out maybe every other month. They throw some good parties too for people in the club.

I recommend everyone going to Hood River to stop in here.

Visited August 2011