“Nice place to stay, great location”

Hood River Suites & Extended Stay Apartments
Hood River Suites & Extended Stay Apartments
Ranked #7 of 13 Hood River B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hood River Suites is in a great location near shops and restaurants. Since I like to cook on vacation, I was pleased with the kitchen was very well equipped. The apartment was nicely furnished and spacious. We could sit on the balcony and see the river. All in all a nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hood River Suites & Extended Stay Apartments

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Myself and a couple friends stayed here one weekend in August. Great location - right in the center of Hood River and everything was walkable. Great price, clean, plenty of room and you can even keep it super cheap if you want cause they have a full kitchen. I slept on the pull out bed (comfy) and my friends had the room which they said was very nice. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Loved the location of Hood River Suites! We booked pretty last minute so Julie gave us a lower level room (5) but because we were staying for 6 nights she accommodated our request to move upstairs for a view later in the week! No fuss or muss, just waited for it to be cleaned and moved our things upstairs . The cleaning staff is super friendly and do an excellent job. Beds and pillows could use an upgrade is our only suggestion for improvement. We liked having the floor fan in the lower unit and wished the upstairs unit would have had one too as the noise from the street behind us is a bit loud. I'm sure if we had asked for one, Julie would,have accommodated us. Love, love, love Hood River and HRSUITES!

Room Tip: Amazing eateries & bars so close... Double Mtn Brewery, Full Sail, Pint Shack, 3rd St. Grill and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed on the 2nd floor. We were pleasantly surprised with the accomodations! We could walk to shops, restaurants and wineries. The unit was very clean and just what we needed. We didn't make meals as we were only there 2 nights, but if you are there longer it has everything you need. Would much rather have this unit than a boring hotel room. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at the hood river suites when I was unable to book a house in the area during peak season for less than 4 nights. The website or pictures really don't do this place justice. We had a room on the 2nd floor with a view of the river. The 1 BR suite was adorable, comfortable and clean! Our friend slept on the couch which was a pull out sofa and my husband and I took the bedroom. We were expecting a small kitchenette but there was a full kitchen with all the necessary appliances.

The only downfall was the air conditioner. Since we were sharing the suite with our friend, we wanted to close the bedroom door but were unable since the room was too warm with the AC unit in the living room. We left the door open with a fan pointed the towards our room from the living room and cranked the AC to high. The AC at high was unfortunately very loud and bit disruptive to our friend. I don't know if this would be an issue normally since I believe it was unseasonably warm during our visit. I also don't know if we would have minded about the AC noise if my friend wasn't trying to sleep in the living room.

Overall, the suite was great in a fantastic location at a fabulous price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a second floor unit. We loved the location. You could park the car in the guest parking free of charge and walk two blocks into town to shop and eat. Everywhere else in downtown you have to pay to park. The unit was clean and comfortable. From the unit we were in you could see the Columbia River "event site". For us that was great since we were there for the water sports. The only thing that would have been nice to have in the unit was a cooler for guests to use & some lawn chairs. We would stay here again when we return to Hood River.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our company's first chice for accomadation in Hood River. Clean and comfortable, self contained, free reliable wi-fi, hot shower, and a big comfy bed.
For my last stay, I was in Room 3 with a really nice view of the Gorge. Highly recommended for business or pleasure with close proximity to our favourite pub, Brian's Pourhouse!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business