“Glad I "Discovered" This Place”

Double Mountain Brewery
Ranked #4 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I was in Hood River overnight for work and wanted to try a new place. I thought about Full Sail since I like their ales. But I saw that the brewmaster here came from there. I saw good reviews and totally concur. I loved the Porter and the sausage, onion and mushroom pizza! Being from CT and seeing that DM makes it New Haven style I had to order the 16" even though I was solo. Glad I did. It was the best pie I've had in a long time! I know where I am stopping next time I am in the Gorge!

There are newer reviews for Double Mountain Brewery

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rolled in here after Full Sail since it is a few blocks down, and wow what a lot of great beers! There are a lot of smaller batch beers here and some fairly potent ones too (so dont drive if you imbibe!). The service was really good, the bartender knew his beers really well. The place was really packed on Sunday afternoon when we went due to a music event, but not uncomfortably packed. It was by far the most populated spot in Hood River that day. Definitely drop in and check them out when you get a chance. Cannot speak to the food as we didnt eat there, but I would/will definitely return.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Of course, that COULD be because it's East Coast pizza. More specifically, New Haven pizza, Frank Pepe's style pizza to be exact. We lived near by for 15 years but only tasted it once (we don't have the stomach for 30-60 wait times), but here you can sit with a great beer, friendly service and then get your thin, crispy crust pie. I recommend the Jersey Boy and the Kolsch.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The beer was excellent with plenty of styles to choose from. We didn't get a pizza as they appeared overpriced but they smelled so good as they went by. The Jersey sub we shared was extremely tasty.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stopped by to sample beers in the afternoon on Tuesday, April 29, 2014. After being told we'd have to wait for a table we chose to sit at the bar. The beer choices are limited: there are no wit beer or hefeweizen (wheat) beer choices and the IPA they make it just so-so in flavor. Overall all the beers we tried were "okay". The hubby had a sample of their "Rusty Zipper" - but the taste was acidic, he settled on their "Sacre Bleu" - which was nothing special. Although we didn't eat, we did look over the menu and it was standard pub fare; pizza, salads, sandwiches (prices $8.50 - $22.00 range). This place hires quite a few young women to inspire the male drinkers. Their merchandise has a neat look but anything unique stops there. Hood River has Full Sail, Pfriem, Big Horse - while in the city I'd choose any one of those brewpubs over Double Mountain.