“Best pizza on the West Coast”

Double Mountain Brewery
Ranked #6 of 145 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Of course, that COULD be because it's East Coast pizza. More specifically, New Haven pizza, Frank Pepe's style pizza to be exact. We lived near by for 15 years but only tasted it once (we don't have the stomach for 30-60 wait times), but here you can sit with a great beer, friendly service and then get your thin, crispy crust pie. I recommend the Jersey Boy and the Kolsch.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The beer was excellent with plenty of styles to choose from. We didn't get a pizza as they appeared overpriced but they smelled so good as they went by. The Jersey sub we shared was extremely tasty.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stopped by to sample beers in the afternoon on Tuesday, April 29, 2014. After being told we'd have to wait for a table we chose to sit at the bar. The beer choices are limited: there are no wit beer or hefeweizen (wheat) beer choices and the IPA they make it just so-so in flavor. Overall all the beers we tried were "okay". The hubby had a sample of their "Rusty Zipper" - but the taste was acidic, he settled on their "Sacre Bleu" - which was nothing special. Although we didn't eat, we did look over the menu and it was standard pub fare; pizza, salads, sandwiches (prices $8.50 - $22.00 range). This place hires quite a few young women to inspire the male drinkers. Their merchandise has a neat look but anything unique stops there. Hood River has Full Sail, Pfriem, Big Horse - while in the city I'd choose any one of those brewpubs over Double Mountain.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Just went to the bar for a few beers on the recommendation of staff at one of the Hood River wineries. It was great beer and a fun atmosphere. Definitely family friendly too. I'd go back often if I lived closer!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Went here after reading all the positive reviews. Big mistake. After being seated at a high-hat one of the waitresses came up and told me that I should order my drinks and food at the bar and then sit down, but that "she would place my order this time". She had tons of attitude and I should have had the sense to leave then. I ordered a beer and a large plain pizza and the pizza took over an hour! They apologized and claimed there was some sort of mixup. There are too many nice places in Hood River to waste your time with poor service at this one.