“great Thai food in Hood river”
Review of Thai House

Thai House
Ranked #59 of 142 Restaurants in Hood River
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed December 2, 2013

we read the reviews first. Then decided to go for it, even though the food reviews were mixed. I had green curtry dish with chicken it was great. my husband had pad Thai it was average. The service was excellent and the price was good. I would definitely come back. I have eaten at a lot of Thai restaurants and am a picky eater.

There are newer reviews for Thai House

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband thought this was the best Thai food he has ever tasted! I was pretty blown away by the Tom Yum soup. And not just because it was super spicy (oh yeah...when you say spicy, you better mean it here.) I hadn't had Tom Yum in a while because I had gotten tired of the lemongrass, tangy taste. When I got the soup, it tasted like no other Tom Yum soup I have ever had. In a good way! And that kind of summarizes up our experience there: It tasted like no other Thai food we ever had, but it tasted so good! I couldn't tell if it was like their own family recipe that was super authentic or if ALL the Thai restaurants I've eaten at before were serving up the Americanized standard of Thai fare. Either way, this place ROCKED.

My husband got the Tom Kha. We shared the Spicy Seafood. All excellent! And the service was pretty good. I say pretty good because the main server Jessie was so friendly and outgoing. He told us how his family took over the adorable house that the restaurant is in. Then we had a really quiet server...ok, actually, she was silent. Perhaps she didn't speak English. So she couldn't really answer our questions. But Jessie by himself was just STELLAR!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have trouble with the reviews that criticize this restaurant's food. We stopped in here for lunch entirely by chance (I was going around the block to get to a bank). The restaurant is in a cute, older house with tables indoors, on the front porch and outdoors in a pleasant side yard. We ate on the front porch because the tables in the yard were all taken. (Apparently the locals are very pleased with this restaurant. A lot of them do choose to eat here.) We eat often at Thai restaurants throughout the U.S. and we found the food here quite good. The coconut shrimp rolls had only one small shrimp in each, but they were tasty. (The menu says you get 2, but we got 3.) The Pad Thai was excellent. And the serving size was large enough for us to share. I'd recommend this restaurant to anybody.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Good Thai in a nice cozy location. located in the Heights of Hood River and set in an old house. Great staff, and real tasty Thai food. GReat for lunches too.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Eaten here a few times and disappointed every time. Nice people but their interpretation of Thai food is lacking IMHO