“Best winery in Hood River!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Bike Tour of Hood River Wine Country
Ranked #5 of 69 things to do in Hood River
More attraction details
Owner description: Franco Marchesi's passion for wine began in his hometown of Borgosesia, Peimonte, Italy. As a child he always wondered what it would be like to be a winemaker like his grandfather Achille. After running his own import company specializing in Italian wines for over 20 years, Franco began planting his favorite Northern Italian grapes in Hood River, where the climate and soil are just like Northern Italy. Please come visit, and taste our wines. Salute!
Vancouver, WA
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Best winery in Hood River!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I went to Hood River a couple of months ago to search for a place to host a lunch for our car club. I felt like we were in the Three Bears, with one being too big and pricey, one too far on a white road for the finicky drivers, but this winery was just right! The owners and staff of this beautiful, intimate winery are so warm, you feel like part of the family. There is ample seating and parking, but the best part is the delicious wine. We joined the club right away and booked the lunch. We had box lunches delivered for our group of 24, and it which was a great success!

Visited October 2013

Hood River, Oregon
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Favorite wine in the gorge!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The wine is delicious. The atmosphere is very nice and the scenery is beautiful. I really enjoy wine tasting here. It's great with a group of friends. The food was perfectly matched with the wine. The employee was very nice and knowledgeable about the wine. She provided interesting information about the wine but also gave us space to visit with our group.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Taunesha S
White Salmon, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful wines, delightful tasting room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

After my first visit to Marchesi Vineyards, I joined their wine club so that I could regularly enjoy their excellent Italian varietals. Their tasting room is small and intimate and wine tasting is regularly accompanied by sliced Italian sausage, Italian cheese and good bread - over-all a first-rate experience. I own my own vineyard, have been making wine for over 45 years, and have a full wine cellar, so I am not easily impressed. While one visit to most of the other wineries in Oregon has been enough for me, I return to Marchesi at least three times a year. The wines are a good value. For lovers of white wines, their Pinot Grigio is delicious as is their Moscato. I like all of their reds but was particularly impressed by the Sangiovese Reserve and the Nebbiolo.

Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Best "fruit loop" choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had stopped into several wineries along the "fruit loop" route. Some we felt were too expensive for their tastings and some quite frankly did not seem very friendly. On the basis of the good TA reviews I suggested we drive here. I had a glass of Reisling but my husband had the $6 flight. We also ordered the appetizer tray for $10. We felt the prices very fair and we really enjoyed having some food with our wine as we had managed to overlook lunch. The people who worked there were very friendly and attentive. It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon in the beautiful Mount Hood area.

Visited July 2013
california
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great wines, wonderful ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is a very different wine tasting experience. We have tasted wines all over the world, but this was unique. For a five dollar "flight" you are given seven different wines, served at your table on a beautiful patio. The Barbera was excellent. White wine drinkers will enjoy the pinot grigio; and the dolcetto is a great light red. The location is a little hard to find. Although, technically, the winery is IN the town of Hood River, it is off the beaten path. Persevere. It is worth it!

Visited July 2013