“A nice escape we definitely enjoyed”

Hood River Lavender
Ranked #1 of 17 Shopping in Hood River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Don't miss our 12th Annual Lavender DAZE Festival, July 2 and 3rd, 2016. Live Music, BBQ, 30 Art Vendors, Massage therapists, kid's activities, Wine tasting, 1000's of lavender plants available for U-Pick, Gorgeous views and good times for all.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is a place we happened upon by following signs and we were glad we did! There’s acres of different colors and varieties of lavender with a view of Mt. Hood one way and Mt. Adams another. The scent of lavender hits you as soon as you get out of the car and the drone of the bees buzzing is continuous. But you don’t have to worry much about them bothering you because they act as if they’re drunk on all that pollen. You can pick your own lavender bouquet and they also sell lavender items out of a shed, including bath and body products, gift items, and lavender oil. Gardens of other wildflowers add variety and color as well. We had fun wandering around and probably could have stayed longer, but they closed at five and we didn’t arrive until around four.

hrlavender, Owner at Hood River Lavender, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you so much for visiting us and the great review. I love the photos you uploaded too! Hope you can visit us again sometime soon!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"daze"
"sachets"

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were in the height of the bloom and it was the most beautiful site I have ever seen - now I am a gardener and I love lavendar so please consider that. The color was undescribable - my husband even used one of the pictures as a screensaver. Mount Hood on one side, Mount Adams on the other. The products are great - try the culinary lavendar in steamed milk for your latte tea or coffee. I had to go back a second time in our short 3 days here. The staff and owners were so nice and very excited to share their experiences and knowledge. My favorite place on earth (seriously). If you go in July don't miss the fresh fruit picked at the perfect time just before you get to eat it - the cherries, raspberries and blueberries were especially good. BTW - just returned from Maui and the lavendar farm there charges $10.00 to get in - Hood River Lavendar is free!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Was on the Fruit Loop Tour and stopped here to see what they had. A wonderful shop and full of many different Lavender products. Will definately be back earlier in the season next year. I use Lavender oil for lots of different uses.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I am sure that when lavender is "in season" this place is stunning. Unfortunately we came when things were starting to turn brown. I was a bit bummed but this was not the fault of this place. There is a very tiny gift shop where you can buy all things lavender. I came home with an amazing cream! I would love to come back again when the most gorgeous of photos can be taken.