“Most Beautiful”

and up
White Salmon River Rafting Half-Day Trip
Ranked #11 of 73 things to do in Hood River
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular river in Hood River, Oregon.
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Now that Condit dam has been removed the river is free flowing and is simply amazing how its changed for the better. White water rafting is excellent and the fly fishing will be amazing once the fish return.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Met up with some friends for a great rafting trip down the White Salmon. We went with Wet Planet and they were awesome. They gave us everything we needed and drove us up to the river. All you really need to bring is a bathing suit. I particularity enjoyed passing the public launch site that was bustling with other companies and continuing up the road 2 miles to a private launch site. Our main guide talked to us under the shade of the forest along the river (which was well appreciated on a 90 degree day) about safety and what to do in case you fell in. After the group split up into our individual rafts the excitement began. We were well trained in a calm pool before we went into the first rapid: "Triple Drop" our first class IV rapid. That was followed by more fun rapids that I sadly don't remember the names to, but do remember how awesome they were. We got out and walked around a big waterfall and then jumped off a cliff back into the river, it was super fun! After about an hour of fun, we passed the launch site that we passed on the road where other companies were putting in (I wonder if they knew what they missed)! The rest of the trip was super fun, and I highly recommend the last falls (some folks walked around) where you drop over the edge of the falls to end up totally submerged! It's crazy and totally a blast!

We got done with our trip around lunch time and headed to town for good food and beer. What a great visit! I highly recommend rafting the White Salmon (particularly Wet Planet) and visiting the Columbia Gorge what a great time!

3  Thank arietow
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I am a life long Resident of the Columbia Gorge and for the White Salmon River to have an Oregon address is wrong. It is in Washington State near the town of White Salmon ACROSS the Columbia river from Hood River Oregon. Please Correct your information

5  Thank Stephannie L
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My family and I (ages 7, 10, 13, 25, 29, 45, 45, 57, and 59) went white-water rafting with Zoller's in August 2011. The company is very well-run: clean wet suits, knowledgeable staff, great location. We asked if my 7-year old was too young and were told that adventurous kids like it and they were right, he had a blast!

One bit of advice:
-- get the long wetsuits and the jackets, the water is FREEZING and you essentially get submerged.

Also, our guide was Ben, he was really nice, safe, and even gave us a little eco tour during the trip -- ask for him if you can.

5  Thank kern22101
Reviewed July 10, 2011

White Salmon rafting with Wet Planet was great. Very professional. Good guide. Definitely a great day.

1  Thank jtw1122