“Beautiful location, good wine”

Cathedral Ridge Winery
and up
Private Tour: Mt Hood and Columbia River Gorge Day Trip from Portland
Ranked #13 of 72 things to do in Hood River
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted Oregon Winery of the Year and located in Hood River, Oregon, Cathedral Ridge is a premier Oregon winery and vineyard experience that features Columbia Gorge hospitality and world-class wines by Michael Sebastiani. Visit us during your next trip to Oregon Wine Tasting, or sign up for our Wine Club to bring the Cathedral Ridge experience directly to your doorstep each month.
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Although we went in November (when views of the surrounding mountains are rare), we were able to get a glimpse of Mount Adams as we left. The outdoor seating area would have been great in warmer weather. They do offer individual glasses for sale after you're done tasting.

The wine was good, but not our favorite. We had great service--the woman helping us was friendly and attentive even as more customers arrived. When we were down to our last two tastings and couldn't decide between three wines, she offered to pour smaller portions of each.

There are newer reviews for Cathedral Ridge Winery

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about how much we love this place. We drive 75 miles one-way at least 4 or 5 times a year to Hood River and have to make this one of our stops each time. The wine, customer service, and view are all outstanding.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We visited this winery earlier in the month. Not only did we not like any of the wines, but we felt like the staff was talking down to us at times. They charge $10 per person to taste 6 wines, and you get $5 taken off that price if you buy a bottle of wine, but most of the wines are quite pricey. That's okay - it's their business to run - but for the $10 per person we paid we didn't expect to be treated so poorly. One woman acted annoyed by our questions, and used the same terms over and over to describe almost all of the wines. She disappeared for a while, and someone else poured me another taste, but when she returned, she chastised me for choosing one type of wine after just sampling another. We are certainly not experts on wine, but know a little about what we're drinking, and, besides, we had come to have a good time. We left in a hurry.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have family in HR so I've been around the block with the vineyards in the area. Cathedral ridge is a smaller establishment with extremely high quality wines. The grounds are beautifully manicured, with picnic tables and flowers. Wines are high quality. Pour size has increased slightly since the previous reviews.

Buy your favourite bottle after the tasting and enjoy it outside in the garden area. That's what we like to do on a lazy afternoon! (Also, the Wine club is most economical way to enjoy these fine wines.)

Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Cathedral Ridge has wonderful wine - so much so that we joined the wine club. The same day we joined, they charged our credit card even though they said they would only charge us once the wine has shipped. That was July 22. It is now August 24th and not only have we not received our wine but our calls go unanswered. We've called 6 times and only twice have I talked to an actual person. The first time we finally reached them (Aug 18th or so) she said it hasn't shipped because the weather was too hot. The 2nd time I reached an actual person she had no clue who we were or where our order was but said "Mary" will call you first thing tomorrow - well, that was about 4 days ago. I've left messages with the manager, with the shipping dept. and no luck. So today I make my final attempt via email meanwhile we now have to dispute over $200 worth of charges on our credit card for wine we never received. They really should hire someone with business skills to run their business and their customer service dept. Like I said, the wine is great but in this competive market there are a lot of great wines out there and other wineries who have much better ethical practices - I will spend my money with them instead.

1  Thank ombody22
CathedralRidgeWinery, Public Relations Manager at Cathedral Ridge Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We were sorry to hear about the confusion and are thrilled that everything worked out in the end. We hope you enjoy the Syrah Reserve and look forward to seeing you again soon, -All the best, Cathedral Ridge