“Best Wines”
Review of Pheasant Valley Winery - CLOSED

Pheasant Valley Winery
More attraction details
Owner description: Pheasant Valley Vineyard and Winery, a locals favorite, is a family-owned and operated award wining winery and estate vineyards, nestled in the heart of the scenic Columbia River Gorge. Home of the first certified organic vineyard and winery in Hood River. Sample our award winning wines served from an antique turn-of-the-century backbar, relax next to our cozy fireplace, or enjoy a picnic and a glass of estate wine on our terrace overlooking the ever-evolving landscape in the shadow of Mount Hood. We also offer Antipasto platters, local micro brews on tap (for those non wine drinkers)and tours if you schedule them ahead of time. Just 60 miles east of Portland, take exit 62 off of I-84 and follow the signs for Pheasant Valley Winery. We are 1 mile south of the Hood River Airport just off Tucker Road. Stop on by, it's the hidden jewel you don't want to miss!! Pheasant Valley - a place where memories are made! Cheers!
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Love this Winery. Excellent Pear Wine, Chardonney, etc.
The winery is lovely with a huge old fashioned bar-like area, fireplace and all the trappings. Lots of room for wondering but the WINE IS OUR FAVORITE!!!

PVWGoToGirl, General Manager at Pheasant Valley Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to Pheasant Valley Winery! Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you come back soon to enjoy a glass of Pear Wine by the fireplace or on the patio! Cheers!!

There are newer reviews for Pheasant Valley Winery

Reviewed September 5, 2012

What fun! We chose the self-guided tour through Pheasant Valley Vineyards. You get a small booklet, and you use it to guide yourself through the markers in the vienyard. We saw the vines, hiked out to the overlook, and learned about how fruit in the field turns into liquid poetry in your glass. After our hike, we got to return to the tasting room and sample all 12 wines bottled at the winery. I absolutely LOVED their whites, and I'm usually a strictly red-wine drinker. They even have a pear wine, sweet and with a low alcohol content, that slips down the throat like the breath of August. I couldn't resist picking up a bottle for later!

1  Thank bradshawgirl
PVWGoToGirl, General Manager at Pheasant Valley Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank-you so much for stopping by our Winery and Vineyard, and for taking the time to let us know how much fun you had!!! We are so glad you enjoyed the Self-Guided Tour and our wines!! We hope you'll come visit us again if your in the area!! Oh and the pictures you posted are AWESOME!!! Thank-you!!!! Cheers!!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a nice stop on the way to Mt. Hood. The tasting fee is reasonable ($5 for six tastes and refunded if you buy wine) Also you can buy a glass of wine and sit outside and enjoy the view. Very nice people here, too.

Thank-you for the kind words!! Glad you had a good time!!! We hope you come back again!!! Cheers!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We spotted the sign for this winery on our way into Hood River and made a note to visit on our way back. Wow, are we glad we did! Melissa was pouring for us and she was a delight to chat with. The wines were wonderful and we purchased several bottles to take with us. We also had a meat and cheese platter for a light lunch that we recommend as well. This is a place we will visit again and again when in the area!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were looking for some sun over Memorial Day weekend. What we found was far beyond, sun, a great location for a B&B, wonderful wines, and we're beer drinkers, mind you, and great people. This was one of the most relaxing and fun weekends I had in a long time. The wines are EXCELLENT, the tasting room so different from the ones of other wineries I have seen. A beautiful setup, and one can purchase appetizers to go with the wines; it was an experience making me believe that I was sitting in the garden of a Tuscan winery. The room we stayed in (Pinot Noir Suite) has an unbelievable view onto Mt. Hood, and the breakfasts were out of this world. I thought that I would have to make a friendly face at least once during the 3-day stay and eat waffles for breakfast. Well, if you like waffles, I'm sure Gail makes you waffles, but we had Eggs Benedict, an omelet and a quiche for breakfast. All three were truly excellent. What can I say, we'll be back several times this summer, and I'll be bringing friends from Germany in the fall.