We found out about Vagabond Lodge from Hotel Impossible: although it was a hotel in trouble, the problem was not lack of care, or cleanliness, rather financial management, which guests naturally do not care about! Stayed at this place for a night.
The room was clean, with very old furniture (had some trouble turning on the TV; and the phone made us laugh quite a bit---see the photo). The bathroom amenities were nice and usable. We had a dining table in our room which was nice. We had a river-view room, so the morning view was beautiful. The bed spread was old-fashioned, and I remember Anthony had specifically asked the manager to replace them!
I'd go back and stay another night if I'm around Hood River.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River