We spent Thursday/Friday night at this motel which we learned about on a TV Show. We stayed in a suite with full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, bed in the living room and a separate bedroom. It also had a gas fireplace and a large jacuzzi tub in one of the bathrooms. A neat feature was a third bathroom sink/mirror, etc. which was great for 4 adults. We did not have a river view, as some rooms do, but our cabin was located in a quiet, peaceful setting. It was impeccably clean, provided extra blankets and pillows, and everything we needed in the kitchen. We especially enjoyed the beautifully landscaped grounds and gardens with views of the gorge (apparently this is a venue for weddings, etc). All staff were friendly and helpful. One downside: the Jacuzzi jets had broken down the day before and required significant repair which was not possible going into a weekend. We get that Jacuzzis can be temperamental and they did give us a 20% discount on room rates. The second downside was having only 3 chairs for seating at the table, but the office quickly remedied this. This wonderful family-run motel is definitely worth a visit (we'll be back!!). Did we mention it was impeccably clean???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River