This is what I would call a "mom and pop" motel at first glance. But, the location is spectacular, and the place has a nice feel about it. Be sure to get a river view room. Ours had a balcony overlooking the river. It was peaceful, quiet, serene, and had a rustic, outdoor charm about it. This is an older establishment and if you are used to 4 or 5 star quality inns, you might not like it. But, it was clean, roomy, and I felt safe and peaceful here. There is an interesting restaurant next door you might want to check out too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River