Old-fashioned but comfortable motel on the edge of Hood River. No food is included in the price, but the motel is inexpensive. Adequate bathrooms and WiFi in the rooms. The partial-view and full-view rooms have the most fantastic views over the river (which is dammed downstream, so at this point is as wide as a lake). Wind-surfers and para-surfers use the river every evening, and it's nice to sit outside at the picnic tables enjoying a meal or a beer while watching them.
Easy drive into the historic Hood River town centre. Mount Hood is nearby, and we recommend the Timberline Lodge for a meal (expensive but good) or a drink. There are several easy walks direct from the Lodge.
Drives along the Historic Columbia River Highway are recommended, and the motel is very conveniently situated for this (note that a couple of the bridges have small fees for crossing the river). The nearby Bonneville Dam is extremely interesting and does guided tours. There is also a fish hatchery there, and underwater viewing of the salmon and lampreys migrating upstream using the salmon ladders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River