We needed a weekend getaway from a lot of medical issues we were dealing with and found this lodge thru a Groupon advertisement. It was within driving distance of our home so we thought we'd give it a try. What a gem! It is located right on the river in a quiet area of Hood River. It has that old world charm that Hood River is known for as well as all the new age immenities you would expect at a top line hotel. The large rooms were very spacious but our favorites were the suites. Well worth the few extra $$$'s for an 180 degree view of the river. All the rooms have been updated with new carpet, showers, furniture and bedding. Our room keeper, Pam, was very polite and so helpful when we asked for a little extra service for our stay. The check-in desk ladies were also some of the best we've encounted in many years of traveling. Helpful with ideas for local activities as well as compassionate about our situation. Sadly, we had to leave early in our stay but we made a pact that once all is well once again, this will be our first trip we take to finish what we started. Thank you for a wonderful little getaway! It was just the boost we needed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River