I booked this motel based on the reviews here at Tripadvisor and I can safely say that the reviews are accurate. My husband was leery about staying in a "motel" but when we pulled up to this nicely maintained little gem, his fears were put to rest. It was about 7p when we pulled in and the front desk had coffee, cocoa and cider available...a nice touch :) From the reception desk, you can see through to the courtyard where they have a play set for the little travelers. The gal in the office mentioned they were sold out that night due to weddings so I was very relieved that I secured our room far in advance.
Our room was perfect. It was spacious and had all the amenities that you expect in hotels. It was clean and smelled fresh. The bed was comfortable and shower was awesome! The shower head is mounted a bit low, but it's got one of those massive dinner plate-sized heads that feels like rain drops. I loved it. The room was a "partial-view King" but the view was still pretty amazing.
Dinner is Hood River was great. The lady at the front desk gave us great suggestions and town was only a short drive away. We weren't able to find parking close to the restaurant we wanted to go to, but ended up at getting a spot right in front of the Full Sail Brewery so we went there instead. Our meal was delicious and we had yet another amazing view of the Columbia.
The next morning we asked where a good place for breakfast was and she suggested Betty's downtown. Oh my gosh, best. breakfast. ever. Try the buckwheat pancakes with boysenberry syrup. YUM And the cinnamon rolls are huge!
All in all, we were more than happy with our stay in Hood River and the Vagabond was a big part of that. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River