The Vagabond is approximately one mile out of Hood River, across the freeway and right on the Columbia River. We opted for a view room on the third level, facing the Columbia River and Washington State. In general our room was pretty nice. I'd call it a slightly lower-end 3*, but definitely not a 2*. Unfortunately, the internet did not work, and the front desk said that this was the third internet provider they have tried. Perhaps this is excusable. Here are two thing that would raise my *** rating:
- In-room coffee: no brewer or mugs for coffee or tea, even if you had brought your own (We did and used the microwave to heat the water.)
- A clock. We had to rely on our mobile phone and computer to know what time it was.
But the setting is beautiful, the buildings are well maintained, and the front desk staff is nice. I'd recommend this hotel for those staying in Hood River.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge at the Gateway to the Beautiful Hood River Valley, the Westcliff Lodge is the ideal place for you to stay while exploring the area. Set on over seven acres overlooking the mighty Columbia River, on our grounds you will find a botanical wonderland including 110 foot tall pine trees and native wild flowers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Westcliff Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Motel Hood River
- Vagabond Hotel Hood River