“Poor PR” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nora's Table - CLOSED

Nora's Table
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak St.
Description: We are open 7 nights a week for dinner at 5:00, and 7 mornings a week for breakfast: 8 to noon, Monday-Saturday, and 8 to 1 on Sunday. Voted "best restaurant food in the Gorge" and "Best Brunch" by readers of the Gorge Guide.
Newark, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor PR”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went here for dinner one night last week. The food going by as we were waiting for a table looked great, unfortunately, we were not able to have any of it since we were told they couldn't accomodate us - there was a bachelorette party of 12 that had arrived just ahead of us and we were basically told that they couldn't get the food cooked because they were too busy! There were empty tables, you would think that they could cook enough food for the number of seats they have. If that hostess were working for me, she would have offered us a free appetizer or drink if we would like to wait.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ChefKMW, Owner at Nora's Table, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I'm sorry you were not able to dine with us, as we were booked full the night you came in. The empty tables you saw were for reservations that were due to arrive soon. While this does not happen often in the summer, it does happen, and a reservation is your best bet on busy weekend nights.

Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“Mind blown is an understatement.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Highly recommended by the great staff at Springhouse Cellars, the best dinner decision we've made this weekend!
Starting off by how easy it was to reserve a table for two. We called today, Saturday, July 28 at around 6:30 and they accommodated reservations for 8pm. We arrived just 5 minutes past 8 and were seated promptly. The hostess was very nice, asked us where we'd like to seat (they have outside and indoors seating).
We ordered a glass of Grenache Blanc, after having a taste at the winery at Syncline- it was delicious. This was followed by their House-smoked Idaho trout tostadas. I personally wasn't a fan, but my dinner companion was. I did eat the lime tequila slaw, avocado mango pico de gallo that dressed the trout nicely.
My only "con" (though advised)- food seemed like it took a good 45 minutes to be served. And for the record, this "con" comes with a pro: it was WORTH the wait!
We ordered the lamb, with the duck fat fried potatoes (delish!!) on top of an amazing glaze, and the Mountain Shadow beef chuck burger. This was my first time eating lamb- ever. I informed the server and she recommended chef's choice (medium). I don't think I'll be able to compare lamb to this ever, I have been spoiled- did I say it was exquisite?
The burger: be prepared to be mind-blown. Temperature was perfect- more rare of the medium rare scale. The bacon aioli is amazing, the buns are puffy and delicious and the meat- melts in your mouth.
Bill came out to $60.00 (rounding) and I would have paid more.
Thank you staff and chef for making this an amazing experience!!

Lund, Canada
“Amazing everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Amazing bang for your buck, fresh perfectly cooked scallops on a bed of cool dressed pasta, super local spinach/goat cheese/ pickled beets (pickled on site) & walnuts (also done on site) AND only $8! Wonderful original cured Columbia run salmon tostadas, on homemade corn tortillas, with fresh apricot pico de gallo. Lamb chops with cherry +? coulis, with duck fat potatoes & green beans, amazing. For dessert: Lemon Semifredo, lavender whipped cream, summer berries. Everything was done to a tee. Perfectly perfect. Plus wine and came to less than $63. Fine dining quality, a bit nicer on the wallet. Would go back tomorrow but leaving town. & service was also wonderful, thanks Jackie!

1 Thank 62Birdie
new milford, ct
“OK but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Upscale and pricy with decent food but nothing spectacular and very average service. This area is not known for great food and this was probably better than most. My salmon was fresh but my husband's burger was pretty standard fare.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stopping in Hood River for the night, not familiar with area restaurants, we lucked into Norah's on a side street just off the main street. We ate outside on a warm breezy evening, were well taken care of and thoroughly enjoyed every bite. Everything on the menu that could have been fresh and local was. A little gem of a place with a great cook!

1 Thank adrh