“The Pleasures in Your Slice of Heaven”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hood River
Seven Oaks Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Hood River B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I would have never expected that my weekend away was going to have so much hidden pleasures. I went to the Seven Oaks Bed & Breakfast for my fifth anniversary and thought it was going to just be a nice trip away. When we arrived we came to a stop in a quant peaceful hidden serenity. Then upon our entrance we were greeted by Greg, the sweetest caring man who just carries a kind presence without even trying. When we came in Greg already knew our names and had our room ready for us even though we had shown up two hours early. He asked us if we knew the area and had and ideas of what our weekend would hold. Then told us of the most amazing sushi in town and other things we could enjoy while we were there. Another great thing is that you would never know is that there is a whole city just a few miles away with everything anyone would want to do. Once in our room he showed us were our things were. This B&B has such amazing detail you feel like they knew what you wanted before you ever showed up. We unpacked and went to the patio for a nice calm from a long trip in the hot tub where my husband and I gazed at the scenery. There was an amazing landscaping with a porch swing and it was so quiet you could actually hear your own thoughts, something you can't do in the city. They have a very unique library with many different things to choose from, if you decide to read a book and an amazing meditation room if you decide you want to enjoy a comfy couch candles and a book. We went to dinner and a movie and when we returned we were delighted to find a single rose with baby’s breath and a homemade heart shaped fudge with a pinch of powdered sugar sprinkled over the top. I have never been to any place that would ever spend this much time making a sweet treat for your special day. It was the most amazing I sweet ever had tasted. Then it was off to bed. Oh the beds are something that words can never describe the best way to say it is breathless. You feel like the Queen. It’s a comfort that you can't even get in your own bed. All your stress, tension and worries melt away into the amazing trillion thread sheet count, and the warmth of the heavy down that lays over your body. You will never have a better nights rest no matter how long and far you travel to find one. My one regret for my stay was I didn't get to enjoy the amazing smelling breakfast that was cooking when I woke up. The smell was so wonderful you could almost taste it in the air, I had a wisdom tooth coming in so I had to decline breakfast but Greg being the most amazing hearted kind man I've ever met still offered to make me something and I could have it when I was feeling better. I know this review sounds like a fairytale but it truly is. I could never express the right words to describe how truly amazing of an experience you will have staying at Seven Oaks B&B. It is a time to remember you will have to have on your own. I didn’t get the pleasure of meeting Greg’s wife Linda she was caring for ill family. But I must say it’s like I knew her just by being there. Linda must be an amazing woman who takes pride in all she does and must have spent a lifetime working on making this retreat of serenity. Everything there is the finest you can find without making it an uptight or expensive stay. Greg and Linda are two of the warmest hearted friendly people that anyone could find they are there to bring comfort to in any way they can. They open their home to people and for your stay, make it feel like it's your own. They are not all in your way but there for you if you need anything. If you’re looking for a peaceful serenity and want to slow down and take in the true beauties of life this is hands down the place to go. Thank you Greg & Linda I will be back every February and more because you created a small slice of Heaven from your hearts.

Room Tip: Any room will be there best room
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarmaCraine

Reviewed April 17, 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Seven Oaks. We received a gift certificate for a night's stay, but had never stayed at a B&B and weren't sure what to expect... but we had a wonderful experience. We stayed in the cottage, which was comfortable and scenic. We were greeted by California quail and a ring-neck pheasant in the yard! The house was so beautiful, though, that I think next time we will stay in a room.

When checking in, Greg had suggested Double Mountain Brewery for dinner and we were not disappointed. The beer and food were top-notch. We ended the day with a great nights sleep. We awoke the next morning to tasty meal of breakfast burritos (with eggs laid by their own flock of chickens), fruit salad and home-made blueberry and pumpkin scones, not to mention coffee roasted by a friend of theirs. Luxurious. The best part of the meal was the great conversation we had with Greg and Linda. They're such gracious hosts and interesting, friendly people that we didn't want to leave. We really look forward to going back.

One review had mentioned that they were worried about someone going into their room while they were gone. Hmmm...I think it's standard procedure for the hotel/motel/B&B to fluff pillows, take out the trash, provide new towels, etc. Anyhow, we would suggest this B&B to anyone and were glad we had such a great first time B&B experience.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brknarw
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I am not sure where did the travelers "Nice… but overpriced for what you get…" stay at, but it was surely not at Seven Oaks B&B.

The price is worth every penny and more. The house is absolutely beautiful. It has an amazing porch with all around veranda that makes you feel as if you were back in the early 1900s. The weather didn't permit, but the porch is so inviting that we sat out and enjoyed the beautiful setting. Mt Hood never quite came all out behind the clouds, but you can see it from the porch, living and dinning areas. The downstairs has a cozy and wonderfully decorated little room to sit in case you don't want to do it in the living room next to an exquisite piano.

There is a barn in the driveway, but at the end of the long drive way you find the charming house sitting on, literally, 7 oak trees setting. February is winter and you cannot expect to see a garden in bloom. Not even in April when we where there. It was obvious that the yard surrounding the house is a well maintained one. Being a gardener myself, I could see how many plants and trees they have and we will go back in the summer so that we may see them at its best.

The rooms are elegantly decorated. There are no ‘frufy-fruly’ things, but a care for simple yet beautiful decor. The beds were made everyday and the bathroom cleaned and garbage can picked up. So, of course someone has to go into the rooms while you are out. The sheets in the beds are the softest I’ve ever felt, and the bed super comfortable. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and those are serious mattresses. I didn’t suffer as I often do when I sleep away from home. No TV and lots of books. Exactly what we wanted, a quite get away.

Greg and Linda are both amazing hosts. From the day of arrival until the day we left, we had nothing but fun and interesting conversations. They were with us at every breakfast and we talked for hours. As a matter of fact, it was hard to get going to do our thing, because we were having so much fun talking to them. We felt as if we were in our vacation home, catered by these two wonderful people.

Both Linda and Greg are awesome cooks. The breakfasts were delightful and wholesome. We couldn’t eat lunch on the first day because we had too much at breakfast. On every breakfast there was fresh coffee, two different kinds of juices, poached pears or fruit with yogurt, fresh eggs (from their own hens) prepared differently each day, and a sweet such as apple pancakes, sweet potato waffles, or “happy brownies”. It was clear that they made everything from scratch. The brownies made us smile on every bite because they were so goooood! They should call them something else. They are too delicate to be brownies.

Yes, Linda and Greg live in the basement but we never heard them. Only in the morning as they were making breakfast for us and we were sitting in the living room enjoying a cup of coffee which Linda made way ahead of time for my husband.

Anyhow, as I said, those travelers must have stayed somewhere else, because Seven Oaks was absolutely delightful and fabulous, and so are the hosts!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. We saw them all.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Seven Oaks was a decent little stay, but very over-priced for what you get. There is very little privacy (the owners live in the basement below all the old rooms) the rooms are very, very small. No TVs in the rooms.
The property is located in a warehouse/industrial area. The pictures on the website don't quite represent what we saw while we were there. The property is poorly maintained, with lots of personal items about, and little to no landscaping.
The service was sub-par. I wasn't really checked in, just 'here's your room.' I had to ask for a key.
The owners were kind, but not interested in talking or telling us about the property. Not typical of other bed and breakfast's we've been to.
The breakfast was great, a fresh egg omelet with a pastry and bowl of fruit.

For the price, we expected a little more hospitality and a nicer room.

PS - A little concern. Someone entered our room while were were gone.

Room Tip: Reserve the cottage for at least a little privacy!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PortlandGuy68
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We had stayed in Hood River several times over the past few years. We decided to try something different on this trip and chose Seven Oaks. They far exceeded our wildest expectations. The breakfasts were outstanding. The rooms were incredibly comfortable. The hospitality was such that we left feeling like a part of the family. Highly recommended. We'll definitely be back soon!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swena
Reviewed December 22, 2010

This was a great b&b and we would highly recommend it (although I can't compare it to other accomodations in Hood River, since this is the only place we've stayed in Hood River).

This b&b was not the frilly, lacey type, which we really liked. It had more of a contemporary decor that was really nice. The house itself has an interesting architectural history that the owners could tell you about.

The thing we probably liked best were the owners/proprietors. They were very friendly and nice and made us feel right at home. Also, if you have a reluctance about staying at a b&b because of intruding into someone else's home, you shouldn't. We could barely even tell there was someone else living there. The owners had the perfect mix of being friendly without "intruding" too much.

Probably the only thing that wasn't excellent about Seven Oaks is the location. It is just a bit out of town and is sort of in a "light industrial" area. But, once you arrive at the Seven Oaks grounds, it is wonderfully "shielded" from any eye sores or anything like that. You feel like you're on a country farm instead of in an industrial area. So, its not the best possible location, but don't let that deter you from staying here.

We stayed in the large upstairs room, and it was nice and spacious. The bathroom was really large and very nice. We had the whole upstairs to ourselves since they don't rent out the other upstairs room to separate parties.

Another great thing was the breakfast. It was probably an 8.5 out of 10 as far as b&b breakfasts go. It was very good and filling. It wasn't just a few pastries and coffee.

In summary, this is an excellent place to stay, and I don't think anyone could find much about it to complain about.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sockmo
Reviewed November 8, 2010

I'm really not a Bed and Breakfast kind of person, and my intent when traveling to Hood River for a surprise romantic getaway with my wife was to stay at one of the grand old historic hotels in the area. However, the reviews on those old places were pretty mediocre and the prices were high. Feeling somewhat disappointed, I then found the great reviews on Seven Oaks and thought I'd give it a try. Boy, was I happy I did!

It's rare that you find a place where there is absolutely nothing wrong, but this really is one of those rare gems. The grounds were beautiful; the hosts were kind, warm, and respectful of privacy; the decorating was tastefully done; everything that we needed was there; it was spotlessly clean, etc., but if I had to highlight two aspects of our experience that really stood out above all else, they would be the fabulous breakfast and the general high level of quality of the place.

We awoke to find a fresh pot of delicious coffee waiting for us, tastefully presented on a service table with various teas. Breakfast began with locally made yogurt, which was some of the best we've tasted. Then we had the most amazing home-made waffles with walnuts, fresh eggs from their own chickens scrambled to perfection, sausage, home-made applesauce, and locally produced apple juice. Top quality ingredients all around, and we really appreciated their effort to source their ingredients from local farms.

As for the rest of the place, everything spoke of an attention to quality. Serious mattresses on the beds with 'zillion thread count' cotton sheets, quality towels and robes, even the toilet paper was luxurious!

I guess the thing I never particularly like about Bed and Breakfasts is that I often feel a bit strange being in someone else's home. But when we arrived, I asked our hostess if she could show us around so we'd know where the common areas of the house were, and she responded, "oh, it's all common. You guys are welcome to just make yourselves feel at home." Indeed, we felt very much at home, and needless to say, my wife was really delighted about her birthday treat away from home. If we ever need a place to stay in Hood River, we'll be returning to Seven Oaks

P.S. If you happen to visit the area and are looking for a good restaurant, I'd highly recommend Sophie's, a couple of miles away. It was outstanding!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple