Comfort Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hood River Hotel(Hood River)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsexcersize roompool and hot tubhot cookiescomfortable bedswafflesclean hotelhotel breakfastrooms are largepleasant staystayed one nightfront desk staffstaff was friendly and helpfulan overnight stayking bednight's sleepcomplimentary breakfastmt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Ok so its not on the river but. The price is right. $5 cab ride from the bars, clean rooms, great service and I stress this is a comfort suites not a comfort inn. Of you want to upgrade they have Jacuzzi rooms as well. Great job comfort suites!

• Stayed: October 2013
Pamela R, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for the great review. My staff and I are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and it is always a plus for me to share the positive comments with them.

They work very hard and take pride in the fact that their hard work is appreciated.

We look forward to a return visit from you and will strive to provide you with the same great service.

Pamela R

Reviewed October 21, 2013

A little over priced for what you get as compared to some local B&B's. Floor want not clean as I found fingernails between beds (colored get topping that peel off) and a twist tie under the bathroom sink. I did like the ability to choose pillow firmness and the beds were very comfy. Room quiet on 3rd floor and enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Breakfast is to be expected when in this chain...simple egg dishes, meat patties, biscuits and gravy and make your own waffles. Tastes OK and gets you started in your day.

Room Tip: Always try to get a top floor room so no one Is above. The hotel was full on this Sat. night stay yet was it was very quiet.....and we were near a Taco Bell below us.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
river97031, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Please let me apologize for your findings while staying with us. We have spoken to the housekeeping department and we are working very hard to make sure things like this don't happen in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We needed a room at the last minute in Hood River. We found the Comfort Suites to be very clean, have friendly staff, and remarkably quiet given its proximity to the freeway. The bedding was new and exceptionally comfortable. We enjoyed the complementary breakfast -- lots of good choices.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your kind remarks about your stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our room was on the top floor and even though it faced the street it was quiet. The king-size bed was very comfortable and it was roomy with the extra space with a sofa. The breakfast was delicious and had a wide variety of selections. The desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We would stay again.

Room Tip: see above review about the location and bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind remarks about your stay.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a hotel to AVOID. $1.50 to use the safe in your room on top of a $170.00 room charge. On reviewing my bill prior to checking out I saw the $1.50 charge for the safe. When I asked at the front desk I was told that I should have been told at check inn that the use of the safe would be added. I did not use the safe and I was not told anything about the safe at check-in though in addition to the signature I was asked to initial multiple places on the form. The fee was reversed because I complained, but I was told it was a Choice Hotel policy. So to be safe I will avoid all Choice hotels in the future.

Otherwise the hotel was OK but not good value. The breakfast selection was not great.

pea .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alistair_MacDonald
Pamela R, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Please allow me to apologize in regards to your stay at the Comfort Suites in Hood River.

It is our policy to inform our guests while checking them in about the safes in the rooms and the charge for them. I am deeply sorry that you were not informed about that upon check-in. I have spoken to all of our front desk staff in regards to this matter, what our polices are and how to present them to our guests.

As for this being a Choice Hotels International policy, this is incorrect. I am sorry that the agent who cheked you out the morning of your departure misrepresented Choice and made such a comment.

I apologize again and would hope that you would not hold this against Choice Hotels and give us another try.

Best regards.