“Nice Customer Service”

Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hines
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Our room was clean, comfortable, and fairly updated. Our only complaint about it was the heating system - very loud and hard to get just the right temperature. However, what sets this motel apart from others is the wonderful lady who runs the complimentary breakfast. She is extremely pleasant and went out of her way to help us with all of our breakfast needs. Hopefully Best Western acknowledges employees who demonstrate outstanding customer service (something harder and harder to find) because she really deserves it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark L
DanielleBGM, General Manager at Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Mike S,

Thank you for staying with us and your kind words of our hotel. We do value our employee's, especially the ones who go above and beyond their call of duty. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to being able to serve our guests needs. We are looking into changing out the air systems in the rooms, just may take some time to complete due to expense, but is on our priority list. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in Hines Oregon at the Best Western. It as a great pool area and spacious clean rooms. I would not stay anywhere else. The free breakfast is typical hotel fare. The staff is friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: King room is best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike S
DanielleBGM, General Manager at Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Mike S,

Thank you very much for your kind words of our hotel and staff. We look forward to hearing about everyone's stay with us. Our goal is to make everyone's experience with us an enjoyable and comfortable one.

Sincerley,
Danielle Buckner--GM

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Room was fine. Bed, not so much. My ribs hurt from the hardness of the bed in the morning. We were there for 3 nights to visit family for the holidays, so I was so glad to get back home to my bed! New beds are in order for this facility...Likely to return only because we have family in town and it's the only Best Western...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
DanielleBGM, General Manager at Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear ZipSequim,

Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western Rory & Ryan Inn. We look forward to hearing about everyone's experience with us and am extremely sorry you didn't find the beds to comfortable. We had them replaced almost two years ago with a Sealy Posturpedic Pillow Top Mattress and am surprised to hear you thought they were to hard. Everyone gets used to one thing...and when that changes it does make it difficult to adjust. I use the theraputic foam for a bed and pillow and when I am away, I too have a difficult time. I hope that there may be something we can do to help the next time you stay with us...and do hope you choose to stay with us again. When having the stresses of visiting family, it is nice to be able to completely relax afterwards, and we would like another chance to be able to do this for you.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Let me start off by saying we have stayed at this hotel before and never had any issues. However, this time was a little different. The check in was great and staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was very cold when we arrived and we had to run the heater for quite a while before it warmed up. When my daughter went in to use the bathroom there was a pile of dirt and debris on the floor under the shelf that hold the sick etc. Kinda made we wonder how well the rest of the room was cleaned. Then later my husband found little pieces of paper on the floor by the bed, so, obviously the room was not vaccumed! We did not mention any of this to the staff as we were tired from attending a wedding and just wanted to sleep. Given that there is not much other choice in Burns I'm sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
DanielleBGM, General Manager at Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear Wendy W,

I do sincerely apologize for the cleanliness state of your room. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that way I can get it fixed. We take alot of pride in our hotel and this kind of an issue is unacceptable. I do hope you choose to stay with us again and give us another chance to serve you better, and you are able to let me know if there are any issues at the time so I can ensure you have an enjoyable stay with us. Please...the next time you stay with us ask for me and I would love to have the opportunity to make things correct for you and your family.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I arrived in Burns early in the day prior to a work gig 12:30 pm . I informed the friendly woman behind the desk that I would be checking in late due to my work commitment. She allowed me to check in early although she informed me that the room wouldn't be available until after I arrived later on that evening. She was doing a great job trying to save me time from checking in after a long work stint.

When I arrived to the room after 8:00 PM, I was surprised by the fact that the room was open, the little loop doorblock was preventing the room from closing. I went in but was feeling strange whether or not the room had been changed etc. Things seemed fine but there were no complimentary shampoos or lotions or anything so I cringed to think that someone just asked for their bed to be made and the housekeeping staff assumed the person was staying another night.

The room was ok. There was absolutely no internet function whatsoever. I even took my laptop into the lobby to check there. No dice. I tried again to connect to the internet via the complimentary lobby computer and once again, no connection. The final blow was the fact that
this room cost 95.99 in a place that costs the same as room outside Zion NP! I've stayed in other motels in this area and I will not return here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
DanielleBGM, General Manager at Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Unka88,

I do apologize for the confusion with your room once you were able to go to your room. We like to leave the rooms open for the Head Housekeeper to inspect the room once it is cleaned to make sure it was cleaned properly, I suppose they missed closing this room. I do apologize for this making you feel un easy. We strive to make sure everyone enjoys their experience with us. We just received new upgraded routers and am surprised that you were having difficulties. Thank you for letting me know there may be an issue with the internet and I can look into the problem. I do hope you would try and give us another chance when you are in the area.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent two nights here and was very happy. I always worry about staying at Best Westerns - some of them are really good but some of them are very bad, and I never know which it is until I get there. This is one of the good ones. The room was clean, very pleasant, and had MW, fridge, and a real coffee maker (not one of those terrible one cup gadgets). The bed was comfortable and the room quiet. Internet was complimentary and worked well my entire stay. I would have liked the drapes to have done a better job keeping out light from the parking lot, but it wasn't as bad as other places I've stayed. The staff were friendly and accomodating.

Room Tip: When I made my reservation online I asked for a quiet room; the check-in staff person read my reques...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
DanielleBGM, General Manager at Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear SallyFromTuscon,

Thank you very much for your input of our hotel. Unfortunately you are correct with the questions for Best Western hotels being good or bad since we are all Independantly Owned and Operated. With in the next year, with all Best Westerns getting Ultra Clean Certified, this will hopefully change everyones views on Best Western...to them all being "good ones". I am very pleased that we are in the "good ones" category. Thank you. We all try to make everyones experience with us at the Best Western Rory & Ryan Inn, an enjoyable one. We just replaced the drapes in all the rooms, so I will look into the issue you spoke of and see what we can do to fix it.
Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Very nice accommodations in a quiet town very friendly staff and clean rooms-good suggestion for dinner ar Pine View Restaurant with the best steaks.
The breakfast was very good and the service excellent.
The front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
DanielleBGM, General Manager at Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear dfcasey23,

Thank you for staying with us while you were in town. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We value your feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Yes... the Pine Room is an excellent place to eat while visiting the Burns/Hines Oregon area. We look forward to being able to serve you the next time you are in town.

Danielle Buckner-GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hines
Rory and Ryan Inn
Rory and Ryan Inn
#2 of 3 in Hines
Americas Best Value Inn
Days Inn Burns
Days Inn Burns
#3 of 3 in Burns

Been to Best Western Rory & Ryan Inns? Share your experiences!