“this motel tries hard, especially the front desk guy”

Econo Lodge Hillsboro-Portland West
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
trevor-wa
“this motel tries hard, especially the front desk guy”
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I've stayed here twice in the last month on sales calls - the front desk guy is great and the rooms are better than you'd expect- they deserve our business.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank trevor-wa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle,WA
Reviewed November 5, 2009

My wife and I visited some friends in Hillsboro,OR. Before we left home from Seattle, we asked them for a hotel recommendation and they suggested the Econolodge. So we went ahead and made a reservation for the weekend at this hotel. When we got to the hotel, we received nothing but first class service!!!! Now I know why my friend recommended this place. With a great rate, a friendly staff, and a nice room, we couldn't ask for anything more. Next time we drive down from Seattle, we know exactly where we are going to stay. Also, as someone who travels a lot for work, I've stayed at many hotels throughout the northwest. And after staying at the Econolodge, I definitely give this place a 2 thumbs up!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Northern California
Reviewed September 3, 2009

One of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. The room was stuffy and stunk like wet carpet, cleaning agents, and I don't know what else. The shower knob had mildew. It appeared that there was more going on there than met the eye. The people next door partied all night and we couldn't sleep; we were afraid to call as we felt very unsafte there.

And worst of all, I had made a mistake on the initial transaction which I reversed within minutes online; the manager said that it wasn't "in the system anymore" so I could make a new reservation. Well I was charged TWICE and they refused to give me back my money, stating "the policy." I paid two times for one crummy room. Never again. If I did that it would be fraud, but these businesses get away with it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PoliTicks
San Jose
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I was in town for a week long business trip. The staff was very helpful - it was my first time in the Hillsboro area - they were very helpful recomending area sites for food and entertainment. The room was nice and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Nice, clean rooms with all the amenities of a low-budget, average hotel. We got all we wanted! Big bed, everything was clean and washed. No major complaints. The hotel staff was nice. It's a bit of way from downtown Portland - about 20 mins off I-5 but we did not mind. The hotel is in a Mexican neighborhood and we had an amazing authentic Mexican dinner just steps away from the hotel. Ask the manager, he'll tell you where. We paid $50 for a queen bed and complimentary breakfast, not bad at all.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Budapest
Reviewed December 11, 2007

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews here and I have to tell I was not disappointed in any aspect. The room service was great, everything clean and there were absolutely no stains on either the bed linens or the towels. The hotel has been renovated and refurbished a year or two ago and the management is taking care of keeping everything in a very good condition.

The only thing that could be highly improved is the complimentary breakfast, however, there are lots of Mexican and other fast food places around the hotel so it means not a great problem.

The public transportation is very efficient and convenient. I would suggest one to take the MAX to get to Portland rather than a car as it is much cheaper, does not get into traffic jams and there is no problem with parking the car.

I must admit that recently this has been the best hotel I stayed in and can only recommend to anyone including business people, and you can even get a discount on the room prices, if you stay for longer than 6 nights.

• Liked — Convenient location and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Breakfast and the rare but eventual break down of the WiFi.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank ampiBud
Boise Idaho
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This place has done a great job in remodeling there rooms. The price was great and the rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was excellent making us feel at home!

• Liked — Clean Rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple