“Last time we'll go there”
Review of Hale's Restaurant

Hale's Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 298 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've been going to Hales for over 40 years, but no more. I was with another person who has a painful back condition. The bar area was quiet and not busy, and she rested her feet on the vacant chair next to her to get the pressure off her back. The owner? manager? noticed her and from a distance told her to get her feet off the chair. We had already had cocktails (mine was so weak I couldn't tell if there was any alcohol in it) and had ordered dinner, but this woman's lack of customer service prompted us to get up, pay our bar bill, and leave. If she had had the grace or consideration to come to the table and quietly request she take her clean shoes off her furniture there might have been a different outcome, but there was no smile and no attempt to interact quietly and courteously with the patron. There are so many neighborhood restaurants where the staff are friendly and the drinks aren't stingily poured and the prices are lower that we fortunately won't have to go here again. Things have sure changed from years past.

1  Thank KelelaAloha

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have eaten here innumerable times. The breakfasts are especially nice. Good menu selection. Comfortable atmosphere.

2  Thank Margaret F
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Don't order the fish if you go here. Better yet, don't go! I sent back my salmon dish that WAY past it's prime and the server (in the bar 12-16-12 evening)yelled at me from the kitchen door "that's our salmon, there's nothing wrong with it!" attracting the attention of all the other diners in the bar. All 3 people at my table tried it and agreed it was bad. I don't feel I should be expected to pay for it. The scallops in one of my dining companions dish were also "borderline" but being a bachelor he decided to power through. Ugh! The bartender/waitress was rude to me several times afterwards but VERY nice to men at my table, I suppose hoping this would get her a good tip regardless of her treatment of me. None of us will ever go back and I noticed they already have much less customers that they used to. Gee, I wonder why.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had an awesome swedish pancake breakfast. it was delicious with lingonberry butter. i have had these in Sweden and these were delicious.

1  Thank Benita C
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have been eating at Hale's in Hillsboro for the last 10 years. This family operated restaurant originated in Beaverton as Hale's Fish & Chips on Canyon where Tom's now operates. I can remember eating there often as a child 50+ years ago because the fish was so good. These days we go for the breakfasts which are the best in a 20 mile area. The omelets are whipped in something like a shake machine and are not only large but light and fluffy. Hale's is extremely popular with the after church crowd on Sundays so be prepared to wait up to 20 minutes to be seated. Try the ham & cheddar omelet and it will become your favorite too !!

1  Thank Pumpkinridger