“My favorite restaurant, any time I travel to Oregon, always eat here”
Review of Thai Elephant - CLOSED

Thai Elephant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
San Jose, Costa Rica
“My favorite restaurant, any time I travel to Oregon, always eat here”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Everything is fresh: vegetables, meats, all ingredients... price is acceptable, place is very clean, staff is nice... I recommend any curry, and the best Tom Ka Soup (Chicken)....

• Visited April 2011

Portland, Oregon
“Best Thai in Portland!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I love love love Thai Elephant. It is one of my favorite Thai restaurants. The location is convenient and the food arrives fresh and quickly. I like that you can see right into the kitchen from the tables, and you know your dinner is being prepared fresh from the vegetables in the refrigerator. The staff members are incredibley friendly and prompt. I would recommend the Panang Curry, drunken noodles or mango chicken dishes.

Visited December 2011
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
“Good Food, Service Too Fast?”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Had a very tasty meal here. Ordered a small wonton soup and the spicy chicken entree, both very good. The soup arrived quickly and was very near boiling hot and very full of wontons, meat, and leeks. I was only a few bites into my soup when my main course arrived! Not much time was given to eat the extremely hot and filling soup before the meal arrived. I would have liked a more relaxing meal. I set my soup aside to cool more while I started on the main course and then alternated between them.

Service was very fast and polite here, relative to many places where the complaint is too slow service or a poor attitude. But service can be a bit too fast too when it comes to time between courses!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank BillChuckS
Salem, Oregon
“Very Pleasant Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

The three of us stopped in for dinner on a Saturday evening. They handed us a happy hour menu even though we walked in at 5:59 and happy hour ends at 6:00. So that was unexpected and awesome. Each of us ordered an appetizer for half off and then we shared two entrees. All three of the apps were heavenly. We ordered the Crispy Tofu, the potstickers, and the salad rolls. Each came with their own yummy unique sauce. But I digress, what I really wanted to comment on was the service and ambiance. The staff was excellent and incredibly attentive. The restaurant is modern and sleek, with an open kitchen in the back, which I love! There is also a small bar in the corner which seemed nice, even though there was no one sitting there when we were there. They also have outdoor seating which looked very inviting. Whenever I am in the area I will definitely be stopping for at least apps and a Thai Iced Tea!

Hillsboro, Oregon
“Good food, not too expensive and a nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Good food, not too expensive and a nice atmosphere.