“Superlative service, beautiful rooms, welcoming place”
Review of The Orenco

and 1 more site!
The Orenco
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Northern California
“Superlative service, beautiful rooms, welcoming place”
Reviewed January 17, 2007

I was referred to this property by a colleague, and from there contacted the property directly. We have a lot of business in that area, and many colleagues stay at the numerous hotels in the area. From my own travels, this was a superior experience. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable. The owners are welcoming, and their assistant that helps with the bookings responsive, professional, and warm. Highly recommend Orenco Station Manor. And would be sure to take advantage of a meal at the Merchant of Venice which is less than a block from the suites; an excellent meal for reasonable price. Starbucks is also on the same block. Nice area. Great place to stay. Highly recommend.

• Liked — Location was excellent, but then service and room were differentiator in chosing to schedule all future trips there.
  • Disliked — Wish the gift card to Starbucks, which is a really nice touch, had more cash on it when I'm staying all week!
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank AmberGlen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Olympia WA
Reviewed January 10, 2007

I travel a LOT, an average of 50% of my work time during the past 5 years, and have stayed with most of the major vendors -- and have numerous "customer loyalty" subscriptions to prove it. One of the areas I frequent is Hillsboro/Beaverton in Oregon and have sampled the accomodations of at least a dozen different places. I had the best places dialed in and had one in particular (Residence Inn) pegged as the closest to being at home as I was going to get. Then late last year, due to a dearth of available accomodations, I happened to get booked into the Orenco Manor. It is the only place I stay now! At this point I have probably logged 30 nights with the Manor. Think quality bed and breakfast without the breakfast, although as a close second a Starbuck's card is included with the room -- and Starbucks is just 1 short village block away. The Manor is set in Orenco Station, a modern village "by design" and the village includes some very fine dining accomodations and, at the village edge, a natural food supermarket that features a large fresh take-out section. The manor itself has an inviting front room (and business center). Each room is a unique and artful work unto itself and all feature many cute touchs that gives each the atmosphere of being in someone's very nice home. Large screen TV's, DVD players, Bose quality alarm sound systems (they recently upgraded from Bose to an iPod compatible unit with nature sounds and ceiling projector) and comfortable sitting and working spaces are included with each room. The proprietors have regularly been sending post stay web surveys and -- surprise -- it is clear they listen to their customers. As a result of this customer's input they have a fast and secure WiFi network that is obviously fronting a quality broadband connection. Prices here are middle of the road. A little less than Residence Inn, and there are no kitchens or fireplaces, but the rest of the outstanding amenities more than make up for that. If you appreciate attention to detail, comfortable surroundings, a sound business traveler orientation, and like the B&B style, you can't do better than this.

• Liked — B&B atmoshpere
  • Disliked — no in-room cooking opportunity
  • Tips/Secrets — If you like the B&B style with modern convenience this is your place
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank BenGaySan
Albuquerque
Reviewed January 9, 2007

We had a an absolute fabulous stay. Was not expecting such great hospitality, and the room was beyond our expectations! Warm comfortable bed, beautiful linens, large flat screen TV and everything else you would expect from a five star property at a great price. I plan to return and would highly recommend it if you are heading to that area.

Stayed December 2006
North Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2006

I travelled with my husband to Oregon for his business, and we started out at a fairly nice chain hotel. That quickly turned into a nightmare when housekeeping burst into our room at 9:00 p.m. to announce that they had to change the plastic cups to reflect the logo of the new chain that had just purchased this location. That was followed by hammers, drills, cluttered hallways and a demand that I leave the room the next day so that they could change the window treatments. Enough was enough.

We had driven past Orenco Station on our way to the hotel the day before and when I found the Orenco Station Manor through an internet search, I was immediately excited. Follow that with the convenience of working with the staff virtually to both book and gain access to my room!

When I walked in, it was like heaven. Nice, quiet, clean, soft bedding, comfortable seating, plush robe and even a towel warmer...a home away from home. Since I was working out of the room, I was pleased to find wireless internet access and a perfect place to set up my laptop. Beyond the pleasures of the room, we were pleased with the easy access to Starbuck's and three great restaurants only a block away! (By the way, we recommend all three, but especially enjoyed the Indian restaurant.)

If we ever find ourselves in Hillsboro again, there will be no question about where we stay...definitely Orenco Station Manor House.

• Liked — Comfort and convenience
  • Disliked — There were quiet a few spiders...a phobia of mine. :-)
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank SBK71
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed December 4, 2006

We booked a room for a little in town get a away. The furnishings were spa like right down to the towell warmer! The hosts were warm and friendly. Everything was beyond our expectations. I am going to recomend Orenco Station Manor House to anyone I know who is planning on visiting our area.

Stayed November 2006
1 Thank Mapple
Seattle
Reviewed November 30, 2006

My mother and I stayed at Orenco Station Manor House in August 2006 when we visited cousins in Hillsboro. Our room was spacious and lovely, with plush towels, linens and robes. It was the first time I had stayed somewhere without a reception desk -- we were given a code with which to open the door to our room. Breakfast was a Starbucks card, also a surprise, but we enjoyed the walk to Starbucks (just a block away). Orenco Station is connected to Hillsboro and Portland by light rail, yet has a cozy small town feeling. We will definitely stay there again on our next visit to the Hillsboro area. (My only quibble: no night light. We'll ask for one next time.)

• Stayed August 2006
lharvey, Promotional Director/Reservations Manager at The Orenco, responded to this review, December 4, 2006
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Because we care about what our guests have to say, we have installed night lights in each and every one of our Suites. We hope to see you soon!