All reviews orenco station boutique hotel walk in closet jetted tub the check in process phone number dvd player basement room small balcony chain hotels within walking distance self serve great place to stay max train living area wonderful hotel hillsboro area
Reviewed August 12, 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Orenco for 3 nights in August, 2018. From the outside, it looks like a NYC brownstone. We were really surprised with how large the rooms were. We had a sleeping area, living area, walk in closet and bathroom with dual sinks, a lovely shower and a jetted tub! The king sized bed was super comfortable. This is a great hotel for experienced travelers. They use combination locks on the front door and rooms, so there are no keys needed. There was plenty of information in the room with details on nearby shops and restaurants. It is about a 4 block walk to the Max Train to go into downtown Portland. There was a nice continental breakfast (Fruit, bagels, muffins, yogurt, and more) in the main living room every morning. We were in town visiting my brother in law and when we return in the future, we will plan to stay at the Orenco.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded August 13, 2018

So happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!!
WE love that we are near to the Max, the convenience is wonderful for airport or just to get downtown to explore. Orenco has grown, with so many restaurants and shops it gives you a variety of places to visit.

We are looking forward to having you both again, enjoy your rest of summer !

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Great area, lots within walking distance. Rooms were clean and cozy, they even had free use of laundry. Highly recommend for couples or business travelers. Walking around the uniquely designed. Neighborhood

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank food812812
Reviewed July 17, 2018

Great location that allows for walking to fine shops and restaurants! Near lt.rail. Nice rooms,beds, linens, and very clean. Not to mention charming. Feels like you are in a large city brownstone. The Sunday market behind the property had us wanting to buy more local items we just could not take on plane home with us. Again...another charming element!

Room tip: Loved the ground floor walk outs!
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond M
Reviewed May 12, 2018

My room was in the lower level and I liked having my own access rather than going up the stairs into the main building and then down the stairs into the basement. The room was large and had the necessary amenities. I didn't mind the self check in but I can see how it's disconcerting to some, especially like for the people behind me who couldn't find their names on the envelopes that were left in the box, with the instructions on how to check in. I was glad to have the help of the on site person who also helped me to my room and with my bags.

Where things went wrong was the handling of what should have been a great opportunity to build a positive experience. The TV remote was really dirty. I don't mean fingerprint dirty, I mean caked in several spots with some form of white substance that looked like cream cheese. I brought it to the front desk in tissues and the staff person was on the phone. I wanted to wait until she was through with the call to address it - not to have a prospective guest hear a problem. When I showed it to her she said it must be the cream that is used to clean the rooms. Well maybe that's true. And maybe it's not. Regardless, it shouldn't be on the remote. She cleaned the remote for me, and that was fine, however, without apology or acknowledgement that it shouldn't have been the case and it should have been left clean. I took a picture of the remote, but I won't post it because I know how these things can get picked up and spread around..and it was pretty gross. Also, I know things happen. Sometimes even in the best of hotels something is missed. To me, it's how you make the customer feel in those moments that give the opportunity to build a customer for life. This wasn't one of those moments.
As for the rest of my experience...it was not so great either. The mattress on the bed sort of peaked in the middle so I spent an uncomfortable night. And then at 7:10 am the fire alarm went off, and at one point also warned of carbon monoxide. Because there was no one on site all of the guests were trying to figure out what to do. One of the guests was trying to call the phone number they had for the hotel but it only went to voice mail. None of us smelled any smoke but there was a water leak that likely caused the problem. It just reinforced the challenge of not having anyone on site. When I returned to my room I found an after hours phone number to call and actually connected with someone and they had been made aware of the problem and said they were trying to get someone there. This was about 20 minutes after the problem started. I only spent one night at the Orenco, but unfortunately my experience wasn't great.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Management response:Responded May 14, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, Im saddened to hear you were underwhelmed and left not as happy as you were hoping you'd be.
I have spoken to housekeeping and ask that they only use only the disinfectant wipes on the remotes and not the spray pledge.
We are available 24/7 by phone and if I am not on the property I have a on call staff that can be here within minutes. The alarm was indeed a water leek and a VERY unfortunate occurrence. I do hope you can see by the previous reviews your experience was not a normal one and I would love the chance to give you the experience you were hoping for. Please call and ask for Leisa (Im the owner) and I will book you in at a queen room rate with a free upgrade to our best Luxury king Spa room .

Again I apologize for your unsatisfying stay and hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Stayed at the hotel for 5 nights recently. The hotel is a little quirky as there is no live receptionist to greet you and check you but the hotel's particular arrangements worked and I checked myself in successfully. There is no restaurants in the hotel but that's not a problem as there are plenty of shops, cafes and diners nearby to walk to.

I had one of the King size rooms on the ground floor and it was more than adequate for my needs. There is a good Wi-Fi in the room which is so important these days.

Overall I would happily stay there again but try and get a better deal as it is comparatively expensive compared to the major chains nearby.

Date of stay: February 2018