“Superb mexican food like one finds on the streets in Mexico”
Review of Taqueria Ochoa

Taqueria Ochoa
Ranked #40 of 287 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Ochoa's isn't fancy or attractive, but their mexican food is the real deal. The place is always packed with latinos. The combination plates, at $6.00 apiece are a delicious bargain.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

While in Hillsboro to have some service work performed on my car we had lunch at Ochoa's. As "rainsmith" put it in an earlier review, "This is IT" for an authentic Mexican taqueria. By any definition the portions were large, I ordered the enchilada plate which came with 5 enchiladas, rice and beans.. My wife ordered a chicken taco salad, the chicken was grilled, it came with rice and beans plus an assortment of steamed vegetables which were cooked crisp the way we like them. We both had ice tea and the bill came to $13.20 plus tip. The food was good. We will go back.
As usual in any authentic Mexican cafe I have been in the people were very friendly, no rough language from the young set. It is a neighborhood taqueria not fine dining, it is basically clean but tables were not instantly cleared, were talking formica tabletops, etc. I was comfortable taking my wife there and we will return when in Hillsboro.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great food,low prices.. But not the best atmosphere .. It was cold inside.. Slightly dirty.. But safe and great food..

Reviewed April 5, 2010

This is the place for your Mexican cravings served in a whole in the wall. Its authentic, fresh and reasonably priced. Coming from Texas, I enjoy real ethic Mexican and I am not put off by the unassuming dining room or what some would call a working class neighborhood . This is a taqueria, so you order at the counter and try to find a clean table. You can get it to-go if you are not into it.

The platters are a great deal as are the dollar tacos. Their carnitas and carne asada are done to perfection and not skimpy. Homemade tortillas, fresh guac & cilantro. The seasonings are fresh and just right, they have a hot sauce bar too. The menu is mind boggling but the staff is really nice and helpful.

1  Thank rainsmith
Reviewed October 15, 2009

There are two locations, but it is pretty much the same deal at both places. AMAZING, authentic Mexican food at unbeatable prices. So yummy. The rice and beans are the BEST I have ever had ANYWHERE!

Real dingy, beat up atmosphere, not very clean by American standards. But we will continue to go there for the CHEAP prices and great food!

Been to Taqueria Ochoa? Share your experiences!