“Family stile restaurant”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just came back from the place, had Tempura shrimps and oysters.
in my opinion, the first dish (Tempura) was nice but not too much flavors. The second dish (oysters) was very good and tasty.
Service was excellent and surly feel like home and the menu is very versatile so you will not find it hard to find a course you would like.
I would recommend to go if you are around.
Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Syun Japanese Restaurant & Sake Club

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Hillsboro for years and never knew this place existed. We will be return customers from now on.

I would recommend making reservations, it fills up pretty fast. We got there at 5:00 p.m. And it filled up by about 5:30 p.m. It is a small place but really comfortable and has a great atmosphere.

My wife ordered the Rock N Roll sushi roll a d says it was the best sushi she has ever had. I ordered a beef stir fry with white flour noodles, it was wonderful.

They have lots to choose from in sushi and cooked dishes. Also have a full bar and large sake selection.

I would say that Syun is a must if your in the Hillsboro area and are craving some sushi or traditional Japanese food.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Awesome food, service, atmosphere etc. A little more spendy than some places but well worth it. Leave this place and walk around for an hour or so afterwards going dam that was good.

1  Thank Matthewwarren51907
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Syun has an extensive menu, of not only some pretty amazing sushi, but also a variety of warm, Japanese tavern style dishes. The wings gyoza are a fun taste: chicken wings stuffed with gyoza filling and prepared as wings. My husband enjoys the sake don bowls as they are so beautifully arranged. We love that there is a restaurant of this quality in Hillsboro and the prompt, cheerful service keeps us coming back. My favorite way to experience Syun is to come with friends, order as many dishes as we can and share.

1  Thank TPG42
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a bit off the beaten track for Portlanders and does not enjoy the respect that it deserves. For me this is by far the best Japanese restaurant in the Portland Metro area, Every dish I've had here was made with attention to detail, it was presented on a tasteful china and it has been without exception the best of it's kind. The service is on par with the food. I've been served by the same few ladies for many years now.
This place can be good for business meeting at lunch, romantic dinner or friends' meeting place.
Don't miss it.