“Good food; poor service”

The Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #19 of 284 Restaurants in Hillsboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere and noise level here make for a great start. Unfortunately, we got a server having an "off" night: bad attitude, rude, unable to accommodate those unfamiliar with menu; anxious to turn the table over. We were meeting new in-laws for the first time and ready to enjoy ouselves; server could not care less. Fortunately, MOD stepped in and rectified all issues. Chicken parmesean was pure rubber; replaced immediately. Other entrees and soup/salad what you would expect : good, not exceptional, but very reasonably priced. Would try again just for the decor, quiet and ambiance.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The meals are large with no senior choices. If you are a big eater you will be happy with the menu as the meal includes bread and ice cream. I would like to see smaller choices, half meals and more appy's. Very expensive for the smaller appetite.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

What a fun place to eat. I have eaten at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Fullerton, Calif. and so was familiar with the place. The menu is pretty much the same. My husband and I were very pleased with our choices and had plenty of food. The waitress was very friendly and attentive to us. When I took half of my lasagna home and mentioned I would have it for lunch the next day, she came back with a small loaf of hot bread wrapped in foil and a small plastic container with garlic butter to put with it! I was really impressed with this.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

If you love pasta, there are many choices. My favorite is the Mizithra which is a browned butter sauce. The service is good, fast. It can be a bit noisy so I wouldn't go there for an intimate dinner. It's a great place to take children.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Love, love, love the mitzithra cheese with browned butter sauce. Greeters very attentive, and we were seated immediately. Drinks and bread served quickly. Orders taken, and returned in a very timely manner. Restaurant was very clean, orderly, running like clock work. Everyone had a job to do, and seemed to be doing it well. The food was dependably Great, and of course the prices are very family friendly. We don't get to stop here often, because there is a large "down" time, when the restaurant is closed between lunch and dinner-which tends to be the time we are in the area. It was very refreshing and worth being in the area at the dinner hour. The "hearty" serving always gives us enough to take home for seconds, and only costs about $2.95 extra. Well worth it.