“New property, high quality”

Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Well located near Orenco. The rooms are great. Up to date and spacious.
Beds are really comfortable.
Fitness room is pretty good with several machines, but they really need free weights or a weight machine. For a new hotel, I expected more.
The only real disappointment was the quality of breakfast. The room is nice, but the food is sub- standard for a hotel of this quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Colovoyageur
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review. Every review holds value with us at the hotel. I would like to share with you some exciting news! We are getting ready to do a full renovation of the fitness area that will provide a larger space for guest with more equipment. So please come back soon and so you can enjoy the updates. Thanks again for your comments.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Central to three Intel campus' and Solar World, this nice little hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Orenco Station, one of the trendy new areas of Hillsboro, with Starbucks, New Seasons, and all kinds of cute little shops to explore.

As for the hotel: clean, comfortable with a friendly and accommodating staff.

I will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Lisa,
It is wonderful to read your thoughts. Future corporate clients traveling to the area will find your review very useful. We hope to see you again during your next trip for work or pleasure. Hopefully you can mix them both. Thank you for taking time out to review the hotel.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice size room, comfortable beds, flat-screen TV, frig, microwave, coffee maker & good breakfast. We ate outside each morning in the wonderful summer weather. Staff were helpful and responsive. Located on the outskirts of Hillsboro in Orenco Station, so walking distance to the park, MAX light rail, Starbucks, brew pub, farmers market and shops, as well as local restaurants.

Room Tip: Located in a quiet area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

First let express my sincere thanks for the kind words in your review. It is rewarding for all of us at the hotel to know you enjoyed your stay. You also did a wonderful job describing the local dining and attractions. To include Portland's fantastic light rail system. Future guest will certainly find your review helpful when it comes to helping them choose their hotel while in Hillsboro, OR. From all the staff and myself I say we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the breakfast was nice also.
The beds were very comfortable and the staff was very professional!
I slept well.
The air conditioner worked good which was important as it was quite hot that weekend.
One thing I did notice however, is that there was no fan in the bathroom.
After a couple of showers things were a little steamy!
It was easy to make and change reservations with the online capabilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your time in writing a review about the hotel and thank you for allowing us to be your host hotel during your time in Hillsboro. I think this is the best time of year in Oregon with the beautiful weather and all the amazing scenery to look at. You definatly choose the right time. We never grow tired of hearing reviews about a stay and we value the time you took to post something.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Family of 4 stayed in a double queen for one night, had plenty of room, beds were very comfortable, nice flat screen, fridge and microwave in rooms and a better breakfast than we were expecting. Delicious cinnamon rolls, bacon, and pancakes. Front desk and GM were very friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

It is nice to hear the personal mention. Thank you. I'm more excited by the comments about the stay and the time taken by you to write a review. I'm thrilled you and your family enjoyed the stay. We hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in the hotel recently for 2 weeks (Biz trip) and have questions on the gaps related to the safety box management procedure. I found discrepancy in the items I left in the box and then question the front desk on how the procedure works. Was told by one person that the safe box needs 2 keys to open/close but I recall clearly that I was given the second key before the box was placed into the box slot and then can see the person closing it. Upon checking with different folks 2 days later after I found discrepancy in the items I placed in the box, I was told that it can be closed using a key, at one end was told by another that we need 2 keys to open/close. In another instance, I was told that it was closed with a spare or some sort of master key during the initial time when I placed my items into the box as the 2nd key was with me that time.

My proposal is for the hotel to have a checklist on what items their guests placed into the box and then have that checklist marked off when the guest opens / closes the box. This will help minimize discrepancy.

As for breakfast, would like to see more changes in the menu versus the same items everyday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

I have read your review and appreciate your taking the time to comment your concerns. Sir I'm very concerned about your comments. I want to say our number one goal at this hotel is safety and security. With that in mind we do everything we can to provide the security that our guest deserve staffed by an experienced team.
I'm proud to say we have a well assembled team with many years of working together. This helps us to understand the unique area we are in and the type of clients we help every day. I have read your comments about the safe deposit boxes. I will first add we offer safes in all guest rooms that are exclusively controlled by the guest. The safety deposit boxes are a located at the the front desk where additional assistance is required. When the safety boxes are used we provide one guest key to the guest and the second is controlled by the front desk with the guest safety in mind (loss, damage). We do have backup keys that are also controlled by the operators even though we only provide the guest with one. If there was a feeling that a incident occurred during your time at the hotel I would have encouraged you to fill out a incident report. It is our hotel policy. This allows us to do a thorough investigation. As operators we would struggle to obtain information about the situation in question due to additional circumstances during your stay. I had been informed by my staff that they had spoken to you about the report and nature of your concerns. I had also notified all staff that I would be available to discuss with you. I know I speak for the entire front desk staff when I express my concern over this. Having said all that I do sincerely regret your stay was not all that you had expected.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We came to Portland for a family bday party and all stayed here. We were so pleased and happy we did! Great location, continental breakfast, friendly staff, nice rooms with comfortable beds an pillows. Kid friendly. Trails to walk to Starbucks, farmers market and food. I will always stay here when in or near Portland.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Morganseton
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

What a nice review of the hotel and the area. I'm happy to hear your stay was a comfortable and enjoyable one. It means a great deal to my staff and I that you picked our hotel, especially during a important time with your reason for travel. We look forward to your return to the hotel where we will be waiting with open arms. The time you have taken to review our hotel is greatly appreciated.