“clean, comfortable, convenient”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
Cockeysville, Maryland
“clean, comfortable, convenient”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice size room, comfortable beds, flat-screen TV, frig, microwave, coffee maker & good breakfast. We ate outside each morning in the wonderful summer weather. Staff were helpful and responsive. Located on the outskirts of Hillsboro in Orenco Station, so walking distance to the park, MAX light rail, Starbucks, brew pub, farmers market and shops, as well as local restaurants.

Room Tip: Located in a quiet area
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
First let express my sincere thanks for the kind words in your review. It is rewarding for all of us at the hotel to know you enjoyed your stay. You also did a wonderful job describing the local dining and attractions. To include Portland's fantastic light rail system. Future guest will certainly find your review helpful when it comes to helping them choose their hotel while in Hillsboro, OR. From all the staff and myself I say we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Monroe, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the breakfast was nice also.
The beds were very comfortable and the staff was very professional!
I slept well.
The air conditioner worked good which was important as it was quite hot that weekend.
One thing I did notice however, is that there was no fan in the bathroom.
After a couple of showers things were a little steamy!
It was easy to make and change reservations with the online capabilities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your time in writing a review about the hotel and thank you for allowing us to be your host hotel during your time in Hillsboro. I think this is the best time of year in Oregon with the beautiful weather and all the amazing scenery to look at. You definatly choose the right time. We never grow tired of hearing reviews about a stay and we value the time you took to post something.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Family of 4 stayed in a double queen for one night, had plenty of room, beds were very comfortable, nice flat screen, fridge and microwave in rooms and a better breakfast than we were expecting. Delicious cinnamon rolls, bacon, and pancakes. Front desk and GM were very friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
It is nice to hear the personal mention. Thank you. I'm more excited by the comments about the stay and the time taken by you to write a review. I'm thrilled you and your family enjoyed the stay. We hope to see you again sometime.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in the hotel recently for 2 weeks (Biz trip) and have questions on the gaps related to the safety box management procedure. I found discrepancy in the items I left in the box and then question the front desk on how the procedure works. Was told by one person that the safe box needs 2 keys to open/close but I recall clearly that I was given the second key before the box was placed into the box slot and then can see the person closing it. Upon checking with different folks 2 days later after I found discrepancy in the items I placed in the box, I was told that it can be closed using a key, at one end was told by another that we need 2 keys to open/close. In another instance, I was told that it was closed with a spare or some sort of master key during the initial time when I placed my items into the box as the 2nd key was with me that time.

My proposal is for the hotel to have a checklist on what items their guests placed into the box and then have that checklist marked off when the guest opens / closes the box. This will help minimize discrepancy.

As for breakfast, would like to see more changes in the menu versus the same items everyday.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I have read your review and appreciate your taking the time to comment your concerns. Sir I'm very concerned about your comments. I want to say our number one goal at this hotel is safety and security. With that in mind we do everything we can to provide the security that our guest deserve staffed by an experienced team.
I'm proud to say we have a well assembled team with many years of working together. This helps us to understand the unique area we are in and the type of clients we help every day. I have read your comments about the safe deposit boxes. I will first add we offer safes in all guest rooms that are exclusively controlled by the guest. The safety deposit boxes are a located at the the front desk where additional assistance is required. When the safety boxes are used we provide one guest key to the guest and the second is controlled by the front desk with the guest safety in mind (loss, damage). We do have backup keys that are also controlled by the operators even though we only provide the guest with one. If there was a feeling that a incident occurred during your time at the hotel I would have encouraged you to fill out a incident report. It is our hotel policy. This allows us to do a thorough investigation. As operators we would struggle to obtain information about the situation in question due to additional circumstances during your stay. I had been informed by my staff that they had spoken to you about the report and nature of your concerns. I had also notified all staff that I would be available to discuss with you. I know I speak for the entire front desk staff when I express my concern over this. Having said all that I do sincerely regret your stay was not all that you had expected.
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We came to Portland for a family bday party and all stayed here. We were so pleased and happy we did! Great location, continental breakfast, friendly staff, nice rooms with comfortable beds an pillows. Kid friendly. Trails to walk to Starbucks, farmers market and food. I will always stay here when in or near Portland.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Morganseton
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
What a nice review of the hotel and the area. I'm happy to hear your stay was a comfortable and enjoyable one. It means a great deal to my staff and I that you picked our hotel, especially during a important time with your reason for travel. We look forward to your return to the hotel where we will be waiting with open arms. The time you have taken to review our hotel is greatly appreciated.
San Francisco
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Holiday Inn Express gives SpringHill Suites good competition. I love both of these brands for business. They're no frills with high quality. If you're doing work for Intel, this HIE is the one I'd recommend... close to a couple of the campuses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
To be compared to such a strong hotel is flattering. Your vote of confidence is wonderful and we will continue to do our best to achieve this high mark. Thank you for taking time in writing something about the hotel. Travelers such as yourself will value your insight.
Cedar City, Utah, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was in the area for an interview at Pacific University for pharmacy school (which they do have a discount for, if you ask). It was in a perfect location for me. I was able to ride the MAX out from the Portland Airport and walk to the hotel, the morning of my interview the school was only one or two stops away and stopped right in front of the school. I loved the bed which was very comfortable and the room was extremely clean. I had hardly any interaction with anyone except on check-in and check-out and both experiences were wonderful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Trevor L
ManagementPDXHI, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Portland West/Hillsboro, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
From all of the staff and myself thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about the hotel. I speak for all of us here at the hotel when I say we love to hear comments from guest. Good or bad. It helps other travelers gain a perspective on lodging and items and services like this. I'm glad to about the continued education. Pacific University is a stellar school with amazing credentials. Thank you for your stay and please come back.