“Great Staff”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Hillsboro
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We were extremely impressed with the staff at this hotel. They were helpful, friendly and efficient. The hotel is located across the street from a large retirement home and as I was visiting my brother there it was very convenient. Also, I was able to walk to a variety of stores and restaurants in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chico, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I are relocating to Portland and we stayed here while we were searching for a place to live. We got a deal through Priceline for 35 a night. This was the Ritz compared to anything else we could have gotten for that price.

First of all, I had no troubles and no fees involved in calling ahead and asking for a room with two beds. The room was spacious and recently remodeled. The pullout bed in the sofa still had the plastic around it. There were no noise issues, and the double wall coolers kept us nice and cool all night. The room stayed dark in the morning, allowing us to sleep in as long as the baby allowed us to. Three adults and a baby fit very comfortably. Our room had two doubles, a pullout loveseat, and a reclining chair.

The room did smell odd. Not terrible, but not great either. One lightbulb was out in the room, but we didn't call to have it repaired as it was a light we didn't need. The faucet dial was loose and difficult to set in the bathtub. They do not provide cribs, so we needed to use our Pack n Play. The breakfast was also completely gone or non-existent at 8am. All that was there were oatmeal packets. For these things, they only get four stars. Otherwise, great accommodations and great price.

Room Tip: If you book through Priceline and want two beds, they will likely give them to you as long as you ca...
Petaluma, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

My room was spacious, clean, in good working order. It smelled strongly of fresh paint, so I think it was recently redecorated. Everything seemed very new. The bed was comfortable. There was no countertop in the bathroom so I had to set my toiletries on the floor. I ended up in a handicap-accessible room, so I don't know what a regular room is like.

1 Thank Joanne M
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

They were repairing hotel interior when I stayed there - they seem becoming better. I was surprised with room conditions, cleanliness and overall hotel state (expected worse). The only concern was breakfast, through there is Starbucks right near to hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Beaverton, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Incredibly disappointed with our stay. The odor from the renovation is really bad. We had to put wet towels at the bottom of the door to keep the odor away. The noise from renovation frequently woke our babies nap. The bathrooms have molds and unclean. We have to move rooms due to renovation and only being notified at 8pm the day before we need to move. The renovation is poorly managed. I will never recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ssudirgo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that the renovations being done to our hotel disturbed you during your visit. We strive to ensure this is not the case, and will redouble our efforts so that this does not happen again. As well, I have spoken with the staff about your cleanliness comments and we are working to enhance our services moving forward.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will give our hotel a second chance and stay with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Hillsboro hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is under construction! During the construction our water was turned off twice and we had horrific chemical smells coming in to our room. I would never stay here again and feel that they should consider their guests when doing construction and the impact it has on their stay! Do not stay here...very bad experience!!!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Rsudirgo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that you experienced unpleasant odors and water issues due to our renovations. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. I do hope that we will have a chance to have you stay with us again in the future.
Aloha, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Come to this hotel after the construction is finished. The odor of fresh paint and new carpet will be less. the "Grab and Go" breakfast is minual but the coffe was good. Starbucks is right across the parking lot.

Room Tip: Whole Foods is right accross the street. The rroms to the east seem to be quieter and have a better...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mindy f
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Mindy - Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. I am very sorry that the construction being done to the hotel disturbed your stay; however, I am glad that you still enjoyed it overall. It should be completed soon, allowing us to offer even better accommodations and amenities to our guests in the future. We hope you will return to see the finished product!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillsboro
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Hillsboro, Oregon
Larkspur Landing Hillsboro
Larkspur Landing Hillsboro
#8 of 19 in Hillsboro
Extended Stay America - Portland - Beaverton - Eider Court

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Hillsboro? Share your experiences!