“Authentic Mexican”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Beaverton
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I would never say that I am a good judge of great Italian, Chinese or Indian food, but when it comes to Mexican food, I would consider myself to be a self-declared expert. I love Mexican, and the more authentic, the more hole-in-the-wall, the better. That being said, I love Amelia's. I have not had a bad meal there. I love the fact that instead of getting totillas chips, you get fresh made, warm thick tortillas to dip into some great fresh salsa. I love there lamb (I've never had lamb at a mexican restaurant), which costs under $10. They declare that they have the best fish tacos in the area, and although they are not the best fish tacos I've ever had, they are pretty good considering that they are fried (I usually prefer grilled fish in my tacos). The service is adequate, although I would say that is not why you would go there. They have great horchata, always a good sign of a good mexican restaurant. Their soda pop comes in cans, which one time came out bulging because it had been frozen solid. All in all a great restaurant. I would highly recommend it if you are in Hillsboro- my favorite restaurant in the city.

• Visited November 2012

“Good home style Mexican food - reasonably priced”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Amelia's is a little, family owned and run restraunt in downtown Hillsboro.
I went in on Friday and had the fish tacos for lunch.
Good food , way better than fast food chain fare, for just a little more cash

Beaverton, Oregon
“Yummy fish tacos!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I love fish tacos and have tried them at many US restaurants. Most of them are no match for those in Mexico. The fish tacos at Amelias's are fantastic! So much so that I've never tried anything else! The fish is fresh and perfectly cooked. The sauce and trimmings are a great compliment and the freshly made tortillas are the best. My dad loves the lamb shank although at times it should have cooked a bit longer as it isn't tender enough.
The service is quick and friendly. You can talk with Amelia, the chef, when she isn't too busy.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average meal”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

I had high expectations based on these good reviews but found the meal to be pretty average. The service was fast and friendly.

1 Thank Rene B
Hillsboro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stopped by this place for the first time a few days ago and am glad I did. The service was great and the food even better. The food is fresh, tasty and authentic.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank -51015-

Been to Amelia's Restaurant? Share your experiences!