“more than a nose for wine!”

A Nose For Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Food & Drink in Hillsboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Private educational wine tours.
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Fred takes a very complex subject and makes it easy to learn and understand. The wineries were unique which was we were looking for and his level of expertise just added to the experience. Next time we go back to Oregon we would without reservation invest in another day with Fred!

There are newer reviews for A Nose For Wine Tours

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Marie from A Nose For Wine was such a great guide. She understood that my friend & I didn't know much about wines but wanted a day away from the city and into the valley. I requested to go to a couple of wineries that had been recommended to me. Marie picked us up at our hotel at 10:30 and the fun began. She knows the area and we were so at ease riding with her (even through a gulley washer) but the sun came out when we got to the winery. Even ate grapes off the vine & of course out of the bottle. Great time & I recommend anyone going to the area to give A NOSE FOR WINE a call.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fred showed my wife and I a great time in Willamette Valley. He started the tour out with a top at Willakenzie where she educated us on tasting the wine and set up the tasting in a unique way to us. He had five pours set at the same time so we could compare smell, taste and appearance of all five. He is a walking wikipedia of knowledge on Oregon wine and shows you how to not just taste the wine but to enjoy the wine. Cheese, crackers and sliced meat was available at every winery.
He took us out to the vines to taste the grapes and explained how the different vineyards approached the grape growing from different strategies to put their best wine in the bottle. A definite highlight of our trip to Oregon wine country.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I just spent an absolutely perfect day in Oregon's wine country with Fred as our guide. We are so glad that we chose him for our wine tasting adventure. We both really benefited from Fred's knowledge of wine and he is a great teacher when it comes to learning how to get the most from what you are tasting. The snacks were amazing (Mark is still talking about the salami he served us). Fred also has a great rapport with the local wine makers and that helped make the experience even more special. Cannot recommend him enough.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Fred gave the four of us an incredible tour to wonderful wineries on a Saturday in May. He really made the trip special by catering to our tastes and bringing us to unique and fantastic wineries.

He is a great wealth of Oregon wine knowledge and a great overall guide! He absolutely LOVED the entire day!

We wouldn't have had our trip any other way!

Matt and Company!