“Fred Gunton, A Nose for Wine, A Great Wine Tour”

A Nose For Wine Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Food & Drink in Hillsboro
More attraction details
Owner description: Private educational wine tours.
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fred Gunton, A Nose for Wine, A Great Wine Tour”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had such a good time visiting Pinot country with Fred Gunton. We have done wne tours all over California and this was our first foray into Oregon Pinot Noir country. We were so glad to have Fred as a tour guide. He's so knowledgable and he knows everyone and everything about the area. He took us to some great wineries that we never would have found and tried on our own. We learned so much about Pinot Noir, from the effects of different types of soil in the vineyards to the different clones of the Pinot Noir grape. At each winery, Fred showed up with a perfect pairing of snacks to highlight the wines we were tasting. It was a very memorable day with Fred as a really fun host! Thanks, Fred!

Visited September 2012

Gresham, OR
“Patrick Birthday Party”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Fred's Nose was "right on"! He made our party one to remember...for sure! We all enjoyed our wine tour and Fred was so informative that we all finished smarter than we began! We would definitely recommend "A Nose for Wine". Thank you, Fred, for a wonderful day!

Shelly and Family

Visited September 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Four Fun Girls Wine Trip”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am still gushing over our fabulous experience with Marie from a Nose for Wine. Her knowledge, humor, fun personality and all around kind heart were just a tip of the iceberg. When you listen to Marie, you are immediately interested in everything she is teaching you and want to learn more. Not only did she bring us to some of the most fabulous wineries I have ever been to or heard of, but she brought delicious meat and cheese trays to every tasting. She went above and beyond, as far as I experienced and each winery greeted us with open arms as she had long standing relationships with most of them. I will honestly book another trip with Marie when I am in the area again and have already told others about the great time we had. Thanks Marie, you are the BEST!!

Visited August 2012
San Jose
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wine Tasting Extravaganza - Thanks to Marie (Wine Goddess)”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Where do I begin? From the moment that I spoke to Marie Gunton from A Nose for Wine tours, I knew immediately that she was the "chosen one" for our annual Girls' Wine Tasting tour. Our wine trips of years past were concentrated primarily in the Northern California area: Napa, Sonoma, Paso Robles. The "Wine Girls" decided that it was time to venture outside of CA and experiment the wonderful Pinots that we'd heard so much about in the Willamette area of Oregon. Thanks to Marie, this is a trip that we will never forget. A Nose for Wine tours has certainly raised the bar as far as wine tours are concerned. Marie greeted us at our hotel. We were immediately taken by her fun, vivacious personality and took her in as one of us. Not only was the tour fun, it was extremely educational as well. My Wine IQ definitely went up several points after meeting with Marie :) I must also mention the appetizers! Marie had a platter of cheese/fruit/meat/chocolate waiting for us at each winery stop. She was very thoughtful with the pairing of the appetizers and the wines that we tasted. Marie, we can't thank you enough for all that you did to make this an experience of a lifetime. For those of you who are searching for a Wine Tour in the Willamette area, A Nose for Wine tours is the only place to go. Marie and Fred will make you feel like rock stars!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Lydia H
Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A great birthday tour”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are relatively new Portland residents so this was our first trip to Oregon wine country. I depend on Trip Advisor to help me make informed decisions--it once again came through.
Fred Gunton was our guide and he was fantastic. This was a birthday gift for one of us and it could not have been a better day.
Fred takes care of you so well that other people at the tastings rooms were looking at us trying to "order" the same service we were getting only to be told we were on a private tour and that wouldn't be possible.
He picked wineries we would have not easily found on our own. The wine was delicious--I wish I would have brought home more. (By the way, my favorite was Alexana--a winery so new that even some of the wine experts I talked to didn't know about it.)
Fred is a wealth of knowledge--but won't overwhelm you. He takes cues from you about how much you'd like to know and goes from there.
Bottom line, I've recommended his services to friends and co-workers and will use him the next time wine country calls. You should too.

Visited July 2012